I experience a strange bug - random but recurring app freezes when scrolling/reading articles or timelines like Facebook in the browser (opera, brave, …). Also occasionally in the twitter app. Sometimes showing a pop-up notification that the app currently is unresponsive; with the options to wait or quit.
- This never (!) happened on Android 9 in the last year I had the phone and only started after the upgrade to Android 10.
- The strange thing - not the whole screen is frozen, but rather only the biggest part of the screen is unresponsive (I have highlighted the area in the screenshot below). The area above and below are responsive to clicks. I can pull down the notifications, click on settings (three dots), etc.
- The freeze can be overcome by pressing the square button at the bottom of the screen (highlighted in yellow in the screenshot below.) and going back into the article. I am immediately able to scroll again. Most often I am seemingly scrolled to where I would be if nothing has frozen.
- I already did a factory reset in the hope it can alleviate the problem. Unfortunately it persists. Although it happened more seldom in my subjective experience.
- I have yet to open up my FP3 and see if I need to tighten the screws. Not sure how this could be related to a partial unresponsiveness of the screen though (I have never opened in the first place, I was afraid the same stuff with my FP2 would happen again )
I searched the forum and nobody else has reported it so far, which is good for all of you, but makes it even harder to understand why it is happening to me.
Any help or hints of the community are much appreciated! Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this bug report and thinking about some sort of way forward.
ps. I have not tinkered at all with the phone. Software wise I only installed a few apps and use a different launcher (Nova Launcher). That’s about it.