Pulse vibration whenever I download

Has anyone else found that the sound or vibration will constantly activate whenever you download anything? It’s really frustrating and I can’t find any way to fix it.

Any ideas?

Hi gordon_nicol and welcome to the community and the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

You don’t give any detail of circumstances (OS, version, download context mail ? browser ? which app ?) so it’s not possible to point you to the precise setting you need to change.

General settings for vibration can be found in Settings > Accessibility > Vibration and haptic strength.

You might also look at:
Settings > Apps and notifications > See all apps > [three-dot menu top right > Show system] > Download Manager > Notifications

Otherwise, please specify in what context these downloads occur.

3 Likes

So when I download any videos from netflix or when WhatsApp backs up data at 3am the phone will pulse vibrate while the download is ongoing which is very annoying when I’m trying to sleep.

Just enable Airplane mode to interrupt any background activities when are sleeping or any Dnd mode if calls should come through still

Else maybe this helps

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.