Prototyping Shield with charging port (e.g. QI)

Have the WS2812B finally arrived? or is there an ETA for them?

How is your Jugend-Forscht-Projekt going? Haven’t read through the whole proposal-document yet, but how it is coming along with those deadlines? :slight_smile:

I still have to order some parts for that tinker-board (like atmospheric sensors (CO, Benzenes, etc.)). How do the pogo-pins work on the thing you soldered together? For me they look “too long”. Do they connect reliably?

2 Likes

nah… WS2812B are still not in house …

JugendForscht is just working fine but for now I only had to write the documentation :slight_smile: on 2. march I have to do my presentation but that isn`t so hard :slight_smile:

the pogo-pins are somekind an alternative for the other programming adapter :slight_smile: the negative side of the pogos is, that you have to press them down to the port of the pcb :slight_smile: but normally they have a better connection :slight_smile:

I also thing that i will adjust the case, so that there is more space for the qi or so :slight_smile:

1 Like

I could also add some ICs or components to your package if you would like that.
I thought of small potentiometers, LDRs, SMD transistors, female breakaway-headers, SMD switches or buttons :slight_smile: i think that would be cool for tinkering and with a little bit of soldering practice it’s no problem to bring them on the board :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This project will become open source :slight_smile: I will release the data on my hackaday account !! :slight_smile:

Edit: Files can be found here. :slight_smile:
Have fun with them !! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

The WS2812B’s have finally arrived !!
The next week I will be able to solder everything and load the bootloader !! :slight_smile:

So those who want one should text me or like this post !! :slight_smile:
Better be fast I only have 9 boards :slight_smile:

Also tell me if you need cooperwire or some other components like the programming adapter :slight_smile:

@Drezil
@JeroenH
@Amber
@paulakreuzer

-> -> Those who want one can send me their address and can get further information in PM!! :slight_smile:

EDIT: new case version with more free space :slight_smile:

EDIT: programming adapter not needed !! EASY sketchupload via ArduinoDroid possible !!

=> How to upload without adapter ? => ArduinoDroid as uploader

10 Likes

All you need to know about the extensions available for the FP2: extension-WIKI :slight_smile:

UPDATE: App and sketch finally available !!

=> “Extension Control” on PlayStore (free to download)
=> sketch for use with “Extension Control” on GitHub

MORE INFORMATIONS IN THE WIKI

1 Like

The shield-fever got me…

This will be a soundreactive addon for the DIY-shield !! :smiley:
The NeoPixels will make the deal :sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey this looks great! I’d like to get one as well. Just cant send any PMs…

1 Like

I wrote you !! Check out your PMs or doesn`t this work at all?
@jo-hannes

I really love your attention to detail, like the inscriptions on the circuit boards. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

If you have the fever, you habe the fever !! :stuck_out_tongue:

HA!
Great!!! I did not know that the comunity is already up to this!
I made a concept back in 2015 but never really did something wiht it.

Awsome work!

1 Like

For those who haven`t seen it :slight_smile:
=> IR-remote via FP2

1 Like

Thanks!! :smiley:
What was your concept ? :slight_smile:

I’ve won the second price in my category !!

And it would be very cool, if those who ordered a case from shapeways could say a few words about the case itself and the quality of it !! :slight_smile:

PS: People of FP I made an other addon !!

=> an small OLED with a size 128 x 32

20 Likes

Congratulations! :slight_smile:

My schapeways case is still on the way, but i will provide feedback :slight_smile:

Poke me if i forget it … :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Thanks!!
I will do so :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Are there any shields you would like to have ?
Any ideas for a new extension?

How about an LED-matrix like this ? :smiley:

EDIT1: Had to do the LED matrix :smiley:

EDIT2: So many possibilities !!

Can`t wait to get the PCB and assamble it :smiley:

but look what you can do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDDfvGl9m84

2 Likes

Hey, congrats to your second place! That is quite an achievement! I am proud of you! And I think Fairphone can be proud of you, too! @Douwe

4 Likes