Disclaimer: This is an anonymous poll. You can vote if you want to and share your views below if you like, but nobody pressures you to abandon your secrecy of the ballot.
Warning: Please don’t belittle anybody else’s political views. If this topic degenerates into a fight I’ll take appropriate action immediately. It’s probably best if everybody just describes their own views and only comments those of others if they agree.
Where do you see yourself on the political spectrum?
I’d really like to know how Fairphoners tick.
I based the answers of the poll on the android app “Vote1 - Political Spectrum”, but summarized the 32 political ideologies to 14 options, to keep the poll clear. You can find Wikipedia links to all political views as well as some examples from the European Parliament below(*).
I thought about allowing to choose more than one option, but then I thought that could falsify the result (not that it will be extremely accurate and representative anyway).
(*) The members of the political groups of the European Parliament are not always 100% aligned with one ideology, so some country’s parties would probably fit better to different ideologies.
So here we go:
- Authoritarian Communism (Maoism, Marxism-Leninism, Trotskyism)
- Non-Authoritarian Communism (Left C., Anarcho-C., Luxemburgism, De Leonism)
- Democratic Socialism
- Social Democracy
- Green Social Democracy
- Authoritarian Left (Left Populism, Left Nationalism, State Capitalism)
- Anarchism (Anarchocollectivism, Anarchosyndicalism, Mutualist Anarchism, Individualist Anarchism)
- Social Liberalism
- Central Populism
- Right Liberalism (Classical Liberalism, Libertarianism, Anarcho-Capitalism, Paleo-Libertarianism, Neo-Liberalism)
- Right Populism
- Nationalism (Nationalism, National Socialism, National Conservatism, Fascism)
- Authoritarian Conservatism (Neo-Conservatism, Neo-Reactionism)
Right Liberalism e.g: Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe group
- National Socialism
- National Conservatism e.g: European Conservatives and Reformists