Poll: FP2 coloured external case

• For FP1(U) it is just the white and black star at front and back, and the very descent black text “Fairphone FIRST EDITION” at the back, quite small and without the “logo lettering” (like top of the homepage).
  • For FP2 as far as I could see at the published pictures there only will be the FP lettering logo at the backside, but again very descent (“only” relief-printet (nice!) but without using a different color (what a pitty)) and nothing at the front?!

I would suggest to have a white FP logo lettering also at the front, and the relief-lettering at the case beeing colored (white?) for better visibility.

Beeing decent in logo printing on their products could also have advantages and can mean certain messages of the brand in terms of beeing very “reluctand”, but I think Fairphone have nothing to hide and everybody should find the the logo at a first glance.

Did I make my point clearer? Other comments?

Besides this: congrats for your very nice ideas and their straight-forward implemention into the FP2 with all aspects Fairphone stands for!

Cheers, Robert

It’s weird but for a moment those plastic pieces made me more exited than anything I experienced this week. They simply look great and especially the transparent ones will make the FP2 highly recognizable (is that even a word?).

5 Likes

While I like several of these a lot, I really think the white ones will get irrevocably dirty very quickly given the material. Otherwise I would love basically all the cases featuring white and blue. Would love an all-blue one.
UPDATE: Ah, upon closer inspection of all the photos in the French article, it seems that the case material isn’t rubber after all and seems sturdier and probably less prone to sticky stains :blush:

[quote=“therob, post:18, topic:9502, full:true”]
Hey @joe, great news!
Also great, that you already took into account “our ideas” of transparent covers, the white frame for recognizing FPs and sticking to your blue FP logo color![/quote]

I definitely like a lot the translucent ones, in a first look I like the bluish one with white bezels! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

That’s my favorite as welll :smiley:

1 Like

And now Fairphone conducts its own poll to narrow down the choices of cases that should become eventually available to Fairphone 2 buyers: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Fairphone2Color

5 Likes

@joe: Really good news! Great, great, great!
I’m really looking forward to choose a cover colour!
Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Few hours left to vote ! :blush:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Fairphone2Color

My vote :blush:

Did you notice these “Green” or “Red” trims, black opaque ? :blush:

3 Likes

Didn’t notice those :smiley: But I think they are just samples, so it’s not sure whether they are going to sell those as well. Yet, I hope so because as a Nebraska Cornhuskers ‘fan’ that red and black case would be awesome (also it’s an eyecatcher)!

1 Like

Winners (only rank #1 and #2 are by now guaranteed to be available by the time of delivery):

"We have our winners! Since last Wednesday we received over 12,000 votes. The community favorites:

1. Black on black (2,305 votes)
2. Blue translucent with black trim (1,631)
3. Blue opaque with white trim (1,466)

We’re excited to announce that the top TWO are confirmed to go in the shop (http://shop.fairphone.com/fairphone2.html). Along with other options to come when new cases go live.

Thanks again for giving your input!"

While I find the black case fairly dull and unattractive, I am also a bit relieved that it is included in the two eventual options because I think it will allow for wider mass appeal of the Fairphone 2 in general. Unfortunately my favourite (blue opaque with white trim) ended up runner-up on rank #3.

4 Likes

black on black??? How disappointingly boring…
Also my blue translucent with white frame is not included :frowning:

Some arguments for you, @anon90052001, to convice you to include the blue/transl/white rim anyway to the shop for us early buyer:

1. FP-logo is blue
  2. FP1 is white framed --> it is a link between FP1 to FP2
  3. transluscend show the inside of the FP2 --> on of the FP core values !!! ("What you can't open, you don't own" translates to --> "What you can't see, you wont open")

Please think about, @anon90052001!

5 Likes

I only just now realized that black wasn’t even an option in our poll here. :smiley:

2 Likes

Uh, my favorite isn’t there (translucent blue with white bezels) so I will get (if it’s possible) the translucent blue with black bezels. I don’t like the black/black too, but I am glad that Fairphone made us choose, thank you!

3 Likes

Aïe, I am disappointed, and surprised, and worried :cold_sweat:
“Black on black” was already in the shop…
The “Blue opaque with white trim” is not going to the shop tomorrow ?! :flushed:

Now how will I convince all these friends of mine who want a nice coloured phone to buy a Fairphone2 ? :grin:
Two thirds of them (or even more) told me these last two months : “Yeah the concept and the specs are great, just put it some colour and maybe I’ll buy it!”. But these friends did not vote, they did not receive the FP poll invitation…
[#nicecolouredphoneplease]

@anon90052001, any additional information you could share to the worried people like me? :blush:

3 Likes

I’m sure community designed 3d printed cases will be a possibility like they existed with the FP1:

Blue translucent with black trim it will be for me then… Now, how do I update my order?

I am pretty sure it will take a while until that choice will be made available to buyers. Delivery is planned for November, so there is plenty of time for Fairphone to inform all buyers when the choice can be made.

2 Likes

Disappointingly conservative us FP2 pre-orderers it seems. Black on Black …hmm … well it’s kind of classic I guess.

Glad to see translucent blue & black (my favourite) but that opaque blue and white was growing on me and would have made FP2 quite different from any other smart phone. Hope it’s available eventually.

2 Likes

@nicka So no need to worry, you’ll be able to at least change to translucent blue! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I find it strange that black gets voted for but not translucent black. It’s still classic but just a bit different, I like the translucent case, but not blue!