Please give us a plain FRIENDLY smiley [It's here, thank you! :) ]

OK, @urs_lesse and all others: if you provide us with matching smilies in .PNG format, @Techaddict can implement them with the tags : ) and : (.

What have you got to offer? :slight_smile: (we might do a community poll, if there is the need.)

3 Likes

Aren’t :grinning: and :smiley: normal happy smilies?

They are still laughing. I understand the wish for a smiley with a “normal” smile.

I hope more able graphic experts here will provide more perfect drafts, but just to kickstart this, here is a quick attempt to create a and a using elements already included in the existing set of emoticons.

I simply took the smile from the : blush: icon and inserted it into the : no_mouth: icon and elevated the eyeline by 1 pixel. You can view a full-size version of and by right-clicking at each of them and then choosing the option your browser gives you to view the graphic only.

P.S.: Whatever we eventually choose, let’s not forget to make sure the existing emoticon :slight_smile: doesn’t disappear, but just gets a different code.

4 Likes

Great draft!

We don’t know, if we can change existing emoticons, so :) will probably still render to :slight_smile: . It’s more realistic that we create a new tag like : ). I’d also like to see ^^ render to :slight_smile: .

Whoa! Nice one @urs_lesse!

Without spaces obviously:
:frowning: = : (
:slight_smile: = : )
:woot: = : woot :

Unfortunately I can’t use ^^ for the :woot: smiley as @Stefan suggested (it simply won’t let me.)
So this smiley is now called woot (if you don’t agree suggestions are more then welcome.)

The only smiley that is missing now and needs a new tag is this smiley the old tag of this smiley was
: frowning : but has now been replaced by the :frowning: smiley.
Any suggestions for a new tag we can use for this one? (Edit: :omg: maybe? :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

I’d suggest to call this one : ohno :

https://forum.fairphone.com/uploads/default/original/2X/2/26a08385618c9607fdb2797dbdf276c7ff4bcb98.png

4 Likes

Great! So it was possible to replace the Smiley’s in the end!? :frowning: :slight_smile: I like @urs_lesse’s suggestion :ohno:

1 Like

Yes they are overridden by the new :frowning: :slight_smile: smileys and : ohno : is a great suggestion and is now added.
:ohno:

5 Likes

Before I forget it: Thank you :smile: @Techaddict

3 Likes

:slight_smile: :frowning: <= those are really cute smileys!

2 Likes

Great :smile: thanks!!! :smile:

1 Like

@anon83519835 Can we please remove the custom :smile: :smile: emoji, since there is this one now: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:. :woot: :woot: can be removed too.

ok done…

how about :frowning: and :ohno:

1 Like

Uhm, don’t now… I think that the current emoji font has all emotions covered, so there is no need for custom smilies anymore. :slight_smile:

These are all still custom emojis, but I think they all exist in the standard set now so we could remove them all:

Screenshot from 2018-06-11 17-15-48

:frowning: :czech_republic: :netherlands: :norway: :weary:

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing out how to geht to the “standard” smiley. In the mobile view in my FP2 I often struggle a lot to find the correct smiley, because the list only displays the first entry. The rest is usually hidden behind the keyboard.
Especially for mobile use, however, I would prefer to have a quickly accessible “standard” smily, so I encourage you to think about keeping ‘:)’ (for :slight_smile: ) and ‘:(’ (for :frowning: ) - if I’m not the only one.

The shortcuts :) :( :P ;) ;P and possibly others stay anyway. I just want to get rid of the ugly orange emojis that don’t fit the current emoji set.

Ps: If you click there, the whole emoji drawer opens: