Photo Unreachable

So, thanks to all for the support, but still the issue is not sort out.
I did transfer the DCIM from the phone memory to the SD-Card but still, if the SD-Card is read from the phone there is no track of the photos.
Once I move the SD-Card in the computer then I get to see all of them.

So, there is definitely something to do with the phone, I don’t know what, but must be something there. Are missing more than 700 pics…not few…
So I would love someone of the Fairphone team to jump out with a solution, please.
Get to transfer all the photos all the time, is not that exciting.

Ah! If I try to copy the new directory with all the photos in the phone, nothing happens! It is just the same!

could be that are photos done under a certain type of upgrade, and they can’t be visualized out of the phone?!

the photos missing are all from a specific time, July till September/October

Can you provide some screenshots? I assume there is a subtle difference for those missing photos (permissions, size, format, filename, etc.) when compared to those that are seen from the PC.

What might help are screenshots of

• image details of a photos that works and one that doesn’t in the gallery app
  • folder view of the same photos on the phone
  • folder view on your PC when connected to the phone via USB
  • folder view on your PC when you take the SD card out of the phone and inserted in the PC
1 Like

They don’t really hang out on the forum much, so you’ll either need to file a support request (contactsupport) or use the bugtracker to get their attention.

Also, this problem is not Fairphone specific (Google’s own devices are also affected), which makes me think that this a general Android issue. Generally a reset of media storage solves it (though suggestions vary with regards to clearing cache or data + cache and the necessity of a reboot afterwords), so this could be a slightly different issue.

2 Likes

I’m using MyPhoneExplorer http://www.fjsoft.at/de/ to synchronize Android phones and transfer pictures, movies or other files. That always works for me. It possible to use it via Bluetooth or WLAN too.

2 Likes

god, this is terrible… I had this same problem…

I got confused when I plugged my phone into my pc and it said there was only 1gb of free space but checking individual folders in “internal storage” on pc only showed a fraction of the actual used up space. I wondered what was using up all that storage…

I was trying to back up my pictures, so I copied DCIM to my pc manually. Then I realized the folder was only 3gb but my phone claimed there were 8 gb of images using up storage. also the music folder showed 0 files but there was plenty of music (at least another 8gb)… I foolishly followed the suggestion from the other thread (deleting DCIM folder and getting the camera app to recreate the folder) of course that did not work and I lost all 4gb of missing pictures. even after a reboot my camera folder now really is empty…

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.