✏ FP2 : USB device compatibility

thanks @bfb and @Torsten_Romer !

@bfb : Could you give the reference of your thermal camera ? and the app you used ?
a screenshot would be great too :slightly_smiling:

@Torsten_Romer : could you update the wiki with the printers you are reporting to work, and apps that you used or even written ? I remember printing on Custom ticket printers years ago, in PalmOS and IrDA age :slight_smile:

Its the Seek Thermal Compact XR (XR : with focus, the same camera module without focus is called Seek Thermal Compact - those are the only models for android by seek ). The app used is the Seek Thermal app, the only app for this device.
I dont know what kind of references or further informations you need. As the device is rather unique, there is not much room for ambiguousness.

For further discussions and informations see FP2 compatible with Flir One?

1 Like

Thanks for this info !
Now it’s very clear.
Sorry if that was not as obvious for me as it is for you, i’m totally ignorant in the field of thermal cameras :slight_smile:

Sorry, I did not want to be rude. I just did not know what further references are needed.

Off topic: thermal cameras for smartphones are rather new, yet rare and it was a nice surprise that my model is actually compatible with FP2 (it even faces in the right direction). Good sign in terms of general compatibility of FP2 with common or not-so-common devices.

@jaymanu I finally added the tested USB printers, sorry for the delay!

1 Like

Sharing this easter USB keyboard illustration from @TobiasF

Mouse works (Logitech MX510) works. But not through a USB hub.

As stated here : FP2 audio quality

• AudioQuest DragonFly : not working (external audio DAC)
  • HiFime DIY 9018D : working with 32ohm headset (not with 250ohm headset)

AudioQuest is to release soon an Android compatible DAC with low power consumption… I may have to wait.
HiFiMe DIY 9018D is reported as plug-and-play with Android 5.0 Lollipop (Nexus 6), but even with a 32ohm headset, I still have noises or cuts once every ~45s.

Thanks @siltaar for this update !
I updated the wiki accordingly, and reorganized it on the occasion.

With updated FairphoneOS 1.2.8:

• HiFime DIY 9018D works perfectly, even with 250ohm headset (Beyerdynamics DT900 pro)

\o/

(still nothing with AudioQuest DragonFly 1.2)

Thanks @siltaar !
Could you possibly update the wiki with your findings ?

The changelog doesn"t mention anything about usb, so I didn’t re-check anything. Only, they switched left and right audio channels, so it could be a side effect when they updated some audio config file.

For the dragonfly, is it working with linux ? If yes, could you check the name of the Alsa driver it’s using ?

It’s working like a regular audio card on GNU/Linux, and AudioQuest announced a new version of the product for this year, as it’s known not to work with Android OTG, asking too much power.

OK, that is interesting thanks. Do you have a powered hub to check for power issue ? (i don’t)

Power is still the main problem, because when you plug a device in the USB port, it will at the same time :

• draw from the battery
  • prevent you from plugging a power source

Anyone have problems with USB sticks? I have one with a micro USB connection that works when I plug it directly into my FP1, but the FP2 doesn’t see it at all. Not sure if it’s a general FP2 problem or because I’m using a self compiled FPOS.

As far as I have read, this might be a new bug introduced by the 1.2.8 update.

Details here:
https://forum.fairphone.com/t/fairphone-2-os-version-1-2-8-usb-otg-mounting/16397?u=johannes&source_topic_id=14267

thanks @m_dammer ! This post is a wiki, so could you please click on the topmost pencil icon and include your info there ?

off course :slight_smile: Info moved into the WiKi and original post deleted.

1 Like

Plantronics Blackwire C510-M (USB headset):
http://b.pltcdn.com/images/catalog/product/large/blackwire-510.png

Google play and some other apps will use it for sound output, but phone app doesn’t use it at all, which is disappointing!
The two “Sound Recorder” apps (oops! 1 version would have been enough!), don’t use the mic on it either.

None of the 4 buttons work properly. Each one just toggles between phone speaker on and phone speaker off :frowning:

Shame, it’s partially there!

Edit: jaymanu - in Skype the headphones work, but the mic still doesn’t (it just uses the internal phone mic as in the other tests). I don’t use whatsapp, so I can’t test that one.

thanks !
Did you also try with whatsapp or skype calls ?

This post is a wiki, so could you please click on the topmost pencil icon and include your info there ?