Physical keyboard recommendation for the FP1

Dear all,

Has anyone had good experiences with a physical keyboard for the FP1?

I am currently traveling and discover myself that having a physical keyboard with (USB or Bluetooth?) support would very much ease the job of responding to emails without having to take out my actual laptop all the time.

Thankfully,

~Robert

I think that with an USB OTG cable, any USB keyboard should work without problems.
For bluetooth devices, have a look at the FP1’s protocols: https://fairphone.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201154616-How-do-I-search-for-other-Bluetooth-enabled-devices-. The supported bluetooth versions are v2.1 + EDR / v3.0 + HS.

1 Like

I have 3 different Bluetooth mini keyboards and they work well with the FP1. A Freedom Pro foldable keyboard, a small non foldable keyboard and a small non foldable keyboard with touchpad.

1 Like

I checked the information that FP reported to bluetooth.org a while ago. Not sure if this helps. But this is what officially should be supported … or the info is wrong and needs to be updated.

I would normally recommend a cable based keyboard, but the FP1’s usb port is delicate … so I guess an already tested BT would be the safest choice in the long run.

I would normally recommend a cable based keyboard, but the FP1’s usb port is delicate … so I guess an already tested BT would be the safest choice in the long run.

That is exactly my experience and why I would prefer to have a Bluetooth-based keyboard.

Thus, if anyone can recommend one for the FP1, I would be very appreciative.

A Freedom Pro foldable keyboard, a small non foldable keyboard and a small non foldable keyboard with touchpad.

They are all from the same brand which is “Freedom Pro”?

~Robert

Dear all,

Which of the following keyboards would you recommend me:

Important to me is also the mobility aspect. I need something very portable! :slight_smile:

Thankfully,

~Robert