šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ Paulakreuzer 2.0 is out now

I want to paraphrase the motto of friends of Framasoft (ā€œLa route est longue, mais la voie est libreā€, www.framasoft.org) : the road is long, but you decided that your way was free. Have a good trip, Paula!

5 Likes

Big respect to you Paula, I hope that your transition takes you to a happy place :smile:

@Stefan : there are lots of good sites/vids on the internet about dumb things not to ask trans people (it might help reduce the uncomfortableness)

6 Likes

@srfk, Paula and Stefan know each other quite well and I donā€™t think Paula will make a problem of it. I understand Stefanā€™s post, I also donā€™t really know what to think of this. I have only met, and thus only remember, Paul ā€œ1.0ā€. I will probably have peace with it the next time I meet her, but until that I feel a bit confused because she isnā€™t the Paul I thought she was. At least, that is how it feels for me as someone who met Paula a few times.
For now, @Paulakreuzer, I wish you all the best. Like I said to you in the ICE train, I still hope to meet you again next year, and please forgive me if I have in my ignorance said anything that hurts you.

10 Likes

@everybody: Again thanks for the kind words.

@AlbertJP No, not at all! Iā€™m not hurt.
I completely understand that itā€™s confusing, especially for people who have gotten to know me as Paul, though I bet it doesnā€™t compare to the confusion I felt before I discovered my real identity.

Oh and to everybody who has gotten to know me: Just because Iā€™ll change my appearance and name doesnā€™t mean Iā€™ll change. I am an will continue to be the same person Iā€™ve always been. The biggest difference youā€™ll notice will probably be that Iā€™ll feel more comfortable in my skin (if my environment doesnā€™t make me uncomfortable).

18 Likes

Congrats. Enjoy life have fun. Feel free and feel you! All the best

3 Likes

Itā€™s reassuring to know that there seem to be people that know Paula and me better than we do ourselves and each otherā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue: There are lots of good posts on the forum about all the great time that Paula and me have spent with the Austrian Fairphoners. :slight_smile:

In order to avoid further Besserwisser posts: Paula and me are in personal contact and we will meet up when Iā€™m back in Vienna.

5 Likes

Very nice you give example to all people in similar situations. We all deserve to seek our true selves!! Congratulations in your new steps, Paula!!

4 Likes

All the best for you and good luck, Paula! Hope everything works out for you! Impressing of you to speak about this in public! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Congratulations!

I have two trans friends IRL, and the thing that struck me most the first time I saw them after they went through the whole process (I lived abroad when they came out, so I just saw the ā€œendā€ results after a few years) is that with both of them I instantly thought ā€œyou feel so much more like yourself somehow!ā€

Which makes logical sense of course, but I didnā€™t expect my ā€œirrationalā€ brain to agree so easily - I was expecting for having to overcome subconscious bigotry that we all struggle with in some form (obviously still happened on other fronts, luckily theyā€™re good friends who didnā€™t insta-ditch me and helped point those out to me).

So all Iā€™m saying is: I hope itā€™ll be the same kind of experience for you and your friends! :smiley:

8 Likes

Best wishes, be happy !!! :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Welcome out Paula, looking forward to seeing you at our next meetup here in Vienna :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This might be the best post Iā€™ve read on this forum (and there have been a lot!!). I am happy for you, Paula, and wish that you may receive back all the help and energy youā€™ve willingly consecrated to this forumā€™s users, in one way or another. And even if I see how this can be a confusing issue for many among us, I only wanted to state that both you and @Stefan have struck me as extremely kind and good hearted people. I therefore wish you both a constructive dialogue that may further deepen your friendship and understanding of each other.

From my side, again, most heartfelt wishes for a bright and happy future! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Herzlichen GlĆ¼ckwunsch, liebe Paula! Ich glaube, eine Herbst-Jacke von Dir hƤngt noch an meiner Garderobe? Willst Du sie zurĆ¼ck haben? Oder jetzt nicht mehr? Gebe ich sie einer Hilfsorganisation? Dann lese ich gerade ein (fiktives) Buch Ć¼ber einen Manager, der als Frau aufwacht und beschreibt, was sich dadurch alles Ƥndert (also Ć¼ber Nacht). Das Buch sagt, die Wahrnehmung durch die Gesellschaft von ihr als Frau sei ganz anders. Eine Frau, die ein IT-Unternehmen gegrĆ¼ndet hat, hat das auch gesagt. Mich interessiert sehr, wie es Dir ergeht und ergehen wird, ob es wirklich so anders ist.
Herzliche GrĆ¼ĆŸe
Marie

4 Likes

Seems like Iā€™m late to the party but hey, welcome Paula!!

2 Likes

Thanks again everybody for the kind words. It really warms my heart. :slight_smile:

@Marie1: Aja, die Jacke! An der Heimreise vom #efct16 hab ich noch daran gedacht und wollte mich bei dir melden, aber dann hab ich vergessen und seit 2 Jahren Ć¼ber einem Jahr (wie @Stefan unten richtig hingewiesen hat) nicht mehr an die Jacke gedacht. Also offenbar ist sie mir nicht sehr wichtig, sie zu spenden ist wohl am besten. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I think itā€™s great you had the guts just coming out like that, on the big bad internet no less. I canā€™t imagine what itā€™s like but I guess it takes a lot of courage and confidence to be able to do that. Itā€™s also great to see the positive reception on these forums. The attitude here has been very positive in general though so I wouldnā€™t have expected otherwise. These days thereā€™s just so much intolerance in the world towards people who in generally are assumed to be ā€œdifferentā€.

Having said that, your or anyoneā€™s gender, sexual preference, religious background or whatever doesnā€™t affect me in any way so Iā€™m not really giving a hoot about it. If youā€™re straight, gay, lesbian, transgender or whatever it is you are or want to be, it doesnā€™t make a difference to me. Doesnā€™t mean it shouldnā€™t be openly said or discussed (on the contrary), Iā€™m just saying that to me, you are still the same person before and after this thread, deserving of the same amount of respect either way.

6 Likes

That means that efct18 is just around the corner!!! :smiley:

4 Likes

Why not? It is not so difficult right? If you do it for the @username references that might break I think we can fix that via a simple command via shell on the server.

15 Likes

Technical reasons got resolved thanks to @anon83519835!
So it is @paulakreuzer all over the forum from now on :smiley:

20 Likes

Yes it looks like it workedā€¦let me know if you encounter problems :slight_smile:

16 Likes