English

Option to limit charging to maximum 80%

I believe limiting charging to a maximum of 80% should extend the liftime of the battery - please correct me if this wrong.

I cannot find an option to do this - please tell me if there is. I can do this manually by stopping the charge early but I would appreciate an option to do this automatically.

1 Like

I agree a battery between 45% and 90% is what I aim for but there is no automatic option that I have discovered.

Further there is no idea what 100% means on the Fairphone system ~ it could be in fact 90% though I doubt it.

There is an app at F-Droid: Caution, the APP requires root access!
Battery Charge Limit
https://f-droid.org/de/packages/com.slash.batterychargelimit/

By the way, the Fairphone shows the green notification LED at 90% charge level.

4 Likes

Looks like you need to root the device to use it :frowning:

2 Likes

Any app that does this will require root (I personally use AccA with the Acc magisk module).
What you can do is set an alarm when the phone reaches 80%, so that you unplug it. AccuBattery on the play store and BatteryBot Pro on F-Droid can do that.

4 Likes

@amoun You are Right.
Just corrected my Post.

1 Like

Personally I find BatteryBot Pro by far the simplest yet most intuitive and useful one, compared to AccuBattery (also pro version), Volle Accu&Diefstal, and Battery 100% Alarm ( Full Battery Alarm).

2 Likes

I’ve been using AccuBattery (non-pro) on my FP3 without any problems for nearly two years.
I have things set up so I have a flashing red light to warn me to charge it when it gets down to 50%, and a sound to alert me to disconnect the charger when it’s back up to 80%.
I didn’t need to root my phone to use it.
And I rarely open the app so the adverts don’t trouble me.

1 Like