Oooh. Ohhh. Lineage 15.1 (testing)

Question: Do I have to do anything special when upgrading from 14.1 Nightly to 15.1 Nightly? Do I have to wipe/format my data partition? (I hope not…)

As is common in IT … the answer to that which saves you from most of any potential trouble is the answer you least want to hear :wink: .

4 Likes

Hi,
No, you should not need to wipe. You have to flash directly after 15.1 the new 15.1 gapps without rebooting in between.

Chris

3 Likes

These settings are now in …

Settings

• Apps & notifications (Permissions, default apps)
    • Advanced
      • Default apps
2 Likes

Does installing 15.1 now work with a 14.1-encrypted data partition?
It’s not mentioned under Known issues any more.

1 Like

Migration zip for 14.1 testing to 14.1 official should still work hopefully.

5 Likes

Build installed via TWRP 3.2.2-0 (Releases)

The following things work for me so far:

• call / be called
  • send SMS / receive SMS
  • internet via WiFi
  • internet via mobile network
  • screenshot
  • main camera (new module, flash works correctly with Open Camera)
  • selfie camera (new module)
  • USB connection to PC / MTP
  • alarm
  • MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.9
  • root (Settings - Developer Settings - Root Access)
  • USB OTG
  • WiFi hotspot
  • Bluetooth (music playback, data connection)
  • FM radio

Confirmed.

A minor issue I came across:

Settings - System - System profiles - cogwheel right beside Default / Silent / Vehicle (doesn’t matter) - Preferred network type (name of SIM card in slot 1)

… crashes (“LineageOS Settings has stopped”, or “keeps stopping” if you do it again).

1 Like

Thank you very much! (Albeit I don’t use GSuite… Which makes migration even easier.)

Is there anything a thankful beneficiary could do to keep you happily doing what you’re doing?

5 Likes

Awesome ! Thank you a lot Chris :smiley:
We just need to wait for tomorrow for an official 15.1 build, right now there are only 14.1 ones :wink:

1 Like

Apparently, @chrmhoffmann doesn’t have the 12 megapixel camera yet ! An idea could be to collectively buy one for him as a gift, what do you think ??

15 Likes

Woaw! That was a super fast development! Congratulations and many thanks!!
Two questions:

• I guess that means that there will be also a lineage+microg-Version then?
  • How does the upgrade work if my phone is currently encrypted (TWRP 3.2.2.-0)? Could you tell me the steps I need to take?

Many thanks again! The camera module sounds like an idea!

1 Like

It has not been approved yet, so we most likely miss this week’s build.

Chris

1 Like
  • How does the upgrade work if my phone is currently encrypted (TWRP 3.2.2.-0)? Could you tell me the steps I need to take?

I have the same question.

I think Fairphone would be great if they would offer @chrmhoffmann an entire phone with the new camera so that he can run his tests there! If not, I’m in for co-funding a camera set for him.

4 Likes

I don’t think I need the new camera. All lineage bugs related to new camera are apparently also on fpos. :wink:

Chris

2 Likes

You don’t need twrp to decrypt data just to install a new version.

Chris

For updates of 14.1 to a newer 14.1 or of 15.1 to a newer 15.1, yes.

But what about the upgrade from 14.1 to 15.1?

1 Like

Oh no… So exited to install 15.1! Fingers crossed that it’s still gonna happen this week :slight_smile:

Same. The only difference is that you MUST flash new gapps RIGHT after the initial 15.1 package without rebooting.

Chris

2 Likes

I hope that the twrp encryption part for 15.1 will be fixed soon, as I would like to use it as a backup for such upgrades (14.1 to 15.1).