Sounds like good news
–> “sounds” because I am not really sure what it means (i guess i do but still) and, more importantly, what the implications are.
It would be great if you could provide some information regarding these two points – maybe in the first post for visibility?
Specifically, people might want to understand:
- how is the “1st official build” different from the “last unofficial build” – what makes it official?
- who is maintaining + hosting the OS – is it now in the hands of the lineage developers? or is it still just mainly a single person?
- is there some kind of “quality control” (not only regarding functionality but also security issues)?
I think these points are really important! – while i am sure that everybody did great work, I will not rely on an OS that is maintained by a single/very few devs. And this is for two main reasons
- if something changes in the devs personal life (kid born, new job, illness, …) the development comes to a full stop
- (i am hopeful this is not an issue here ;), but still) for a tiny user base like in this case (FP2 Lineage OS Users = some 10s to few 100s tops?) the potential for undetectably pushing some malicious functions to the users phones is much higher than for something like, say, a linux distribution. or, for that matter, FP Open.
It would be great, if you could shed some light on these questions/concerns