Official LineageOS is here!

A post was merged into an existing topic: LineageOS 14.1 with OTA updates for FP2

I would still invite the community to switch to nightly now so that I get more feedback. The battery consumption is not great but should not be that much worse than before. I would also like to see battery consumption from people who don’t use Google apps.

Chris

10 Likes

Be aware: these are migration instructions! If you are a user running any other OS than LOS, use these instructions instead:
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/FP2/install

8 Likes

I am on the @chrmhoffmann’s OTA channel. How can I change between official nightly and stable channels?

I am not known with any other OTA then this one.
If you are on another I can’t help you as I don’t have the signing keys of this OTA to build you a migration zip.

Edit: We’ve worked it out in a private message.

2 Likes

Note: The lineage-migrate-to-prod-signed.zip.sha512 file contains a md5 sum instead of a sha512 sum.

1 Like

Haha, you are totally right! Fixed!

1 Like

Migration went smooth also without this last fix snevas!

2 Likes

Successfully migrated to nightly.

2 Likes

Migration was successful and the first nightly is now running on my FP2 :slight_smile:

Thanks @chrmhoffmann for all your work on this!
Also thanks to @snevas for providing all the OTA updates and now finally the migration files!

4 Likes

Is there also a update function included? Like OTA?
Or does the future updates only work via flashing with TWRP?

OTA updates like always. From LineageOS servers though, instead of @snevas’ server space.

6 Likes

Thank you. Switched the LOS without problems.

1 Like

Great news! and congrats!
I moved too without google apps.
The only thing I am wondering about is that in settings the updater app says I do not have an internet connection. So I hope that is just because there is no new update. Just to mention it.
cheers
charlie

1 Like

This is so cool. :sunglasses: Thanks!

1 Like

10 posts were split to a new topic: Flashing LineageOS without root

I also migrated to the nightly build without problems. Thanks a lot for all your efforts you are putting into the support of LineageOS!

1 Like

This needs getting used to again :slight_smile: .
Migration worked well :+1: .

Edit:

• modem-17.09.3.zip (unchanged, not installed again)
  • lineage-migrate-to-prod-signed.zip
  • lineage-14.1-20171024-nightly-FP2-signed.zip
  • addonsu-14.1-arm-signed.zip
  • open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20171024.zip

The following things work for me so far:

• call / be called
  • send SMS / receive SMS
  • internet via WiFi
  • internet via mobile network
  • screenshot
  • main camera (new module)
  • selfie camera (new module)
  • USB connection to PC / MTP
  • alarm (incl. swiping it off)
  • MyPhoneExplorer
  • root
3 Likes

I migrated just now (you’ll have a +1 for the community challenge :slight_smile: ) and all was smooth. I have kept microG with @roboe survival script, no need to install it again :smiley: (As I do for every update, i only did patch with tingle…)

4 Likes