Official LineageOS 20 FP4

I just installed it and am typing this message on a working touchscreen.

Are you sure you installed the update of today (lineage-20.0-20231025)? It is not available anymore.

Yes, system details say it is:

1 Like

Was anyone brave enough to install the latest update to lineage-20.0-20231101-nightly? I hope the problems of lineage-20.0-20231025-nightly are fixed.

I had downgraded to lineage-20.0-20231015-nightly because of the problems (no working touchscreen) with lineage-20.0-20231025-nightly.
Recently I upgraded to lineage-20.0-20231101-nightly and used it for a few minutes. No problems so far. Cheers

2 Likes

Thanks @oddfellow! Works fine here too.

Hey there, I am using an FP4 with LineageOS 20.
Since a few days LineageOS crashes only a few seconds after entering the PIN, no app can be opened. I was able to update LineageOS to the latest version via recovery and adb sideloading, but this did not fix the problem. I would like to back up a file on the device before I have to resort to a factory reset. However, mounting an encrypted data partition does not seem to be currently supported in TWRP for the FP4. Is there any way to look at crash logs to find the cause of the problem or do you have any other idea how I can get LineageOS running again without losing the file?

Unfortunately I don’t really know, but I remember that TWRP had less support for the FP4 than the LOS recovery. Additionally, I remember that one can boot into a recovery by using fastboot without installing the boot image permanently. So maybe does anybody here know of this path may lead to something?

Yes. And to answer to a lot of questions about relocking your bootloader see this very detailed post on reddit about locking/unlocking phone :
https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/n7yo7u/a_discussion_about_bootloader_lockingunlocking/

I think that everyone who is wondering how to relock their phone bootloader with lineage should read this very instructive post :
https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/n7yo7u/a_discussion_about_bootloader_lockingunlocking/