Official LineageOS 19 for Fairphone 3/3+

LOS 19.1 with mindthegapps. I don’t remember which store I used. Probably F-droid. App version is v1.0.20220516

1 Like

Hi,
this might be the case, as I’m using MindTheGapps (version 12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439; as this is the open gapps version which is recommended by LOS). Additionally I’m using Nova Launcher (I tried already the alternative launcher “Evie” - but this change didn’t avoid the problems; I switched already to the new beta version to test, if this resolves the problems).

So if others are not finding error messages regarding permission denial to system apps, then this difference might indicate the reason for these problems.

Can anybody please tell me, which part is responsible to declare to the system that system apps like systemui should get all needed permissions? - is this a responsibility of MindTheGapps? or LOS?

Bye,
Achim

Hi, I have the exact same set up. Just checked, systemui does not claim it needs fine location (also, I’m not sure I would grant it :wink: )
I see those messages occasionally, but I can’t say I have sluggishness (uptime 7 days now), but that sure depends on personal usage stats

Hi Iklaus,
don’t you get messages about systemui not responding with the options to kill it or to wait?
Sometimes other apps like Magicearth suffer the same problem.

On each case, where systemui or another app was not responding, and where I took a logfile - I found some of those permission problem lines short before a flood of out-of-memory emergency loglines.

I deinstalled already the Corona-Warn-App for Germany just to reduce background apps - without success.

Question:
Where does “systemui” app belong? - LOS or MindTheGap?
→ which part is responsible for configuration of synchronisation of registration to get permissions and accessing only accessible services?

Could I use adb to add the needed access rights in some suitable config files? - then I’d try this just to see, whether things get better without permission problems (this might indicate, that systemui does not have suitable handler for not getting some information).

Bye,
Achim

Hi Achim.
No not with zram active. I had it with magicearth earlier, but i did not see this for a long time now…
I don’t think the cwa does a lot, most of background processing happens in the Google part (or microg if using the f-droid version).

I think that systemui is a los (resp android (thing, not gapps, for the rest that’s way over my head :wink:

I just wanted to link to the lineage 20 unofficial build:

It was of course created by teamb58. Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi all,

I’m having some trouble flashing the LineageOS with microg.

I unlocked the bootloader. Flashed the lineage recovery, sideload LineageOS.
All worked well. But then, I needed to install some system app (Aurora services). Is there a way to do it using Lineage recovery ?
I tried to flash TWRP instead of Lineage recovery but it seems that after that, when i lock the bootloader, I can’t boot my phone anymore ?

So, what is the best way to do things ?

• Letting the bootloader unlocked (but find a way to remove the anoying warning) ?
  • Finding a way to install system app and even root if I want (not sure about that) using Lineage recovery ?
  • Finding a way to have TWRP AND a locked bootloader ?

I’m kind of stuck on this one, can’t find what to do.

Thanks

Flashing TWRP is not the best idea. If you need it permanently instead of just booting into it, I would advice to look at the official instructions on how to do it

Thanks for the idea.

But from what I understand, I need the bootloader to be unlocked in order to boot TWRP.
So if I boot to TWRP, install system app and then lock the bootloader, it will wipe all my data (including the system app I installed).

Is there something I’m missing there ?

I used to systematically use TWRP on my previous phones, but on my Fairphones, I see some weird behaviours (probably due to my lack of knowledge on what’s happening on these low-level systems), so I finally sticked to the tutorials and used LOS’ recovery.

And I never relock the bootloader. Maybe there are ways to hide the annoying warning, but I learned to live with it.

And are you able to install system app with LOS recovery?

What I would do is:

1. Unlock bootloader
  2. Install Magisk
  3. install Aurora service magisk module
  4. use zygisk to hide root/unlocked bl if needed

Just to add: you cant have a rooted phone with a locked bootloader

If you mean Magisk, then yes, definitely.
I also recently installed MindTheGapps on a Fairphone with LOAS recovery.

Thanks for all the ideas.
I’ll try some stuff this evening.

Quick questions :

• from what I read, to install magisks you need to patch the ROM. Installing through recovery is deprecated. Does it still work ? If I use the patch ROM method, what happen when I update the ROM ? Will it remove magisks ?
  • also I’m a bit confused about locked bootloader . when it’s locked ,does it only prevent from booting / flashing recovery ? Or it also prevents installing things from lineage recovery (which works even when bootloader is lock after flag) ?

OK so I dig into the internet and found the answer I needed.

I guess I’ll try a lineage + magisks setup and just live with the unlock bootloader warning!

Thanks for the answers!

My experience: the patch ROM method didn’t work for me. But the installation through recovery (rename the apk to zip, sideload on recovery mode) always worked for me.

1 Like

Patch ROM method worked for me. I patched the lineage microg boot img.
I didn’t find the vbmeta.img so I didn’t patch it. I had a bootloop at first but a factory reset was enough to fix it.

Thanks again for the support !

Hi,
does anyone besides me also have the issue that the latest LOS update (06.03.2023) is installed but is not active after installation and a reboot? It seems the wrong partition is active or something else goes wrong.

EDIT:
It works now as expected. I downloaded the Update a 2nd time, installed, reboot and now it is installed.

1 Like

Here the link to the 20.0-release:

3 Likes