Official LineageOS 19 for Fairphone 3/3+

Hi Achim.
No not with zram active. I had it with magicearth earlier, but i did not see this for a long time now…
I don’t think the cwa does a lot, most of background processing happens in the Google part (or microg if using the f-droid version).

I think that systemui is a los (resp android (thing, not gapps, for the rest that’s way over my head :wink:

I just wanted to link to the lineage 20 unofficial build:

It was of course created by teamb58. Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi all,

I’m having some trouble flashing the LineageOS with microg.

I unlocked the bootloader. Flashed the lineage recovery, sideload LineageOS.
All worked well. But then, I needed to install some system app (Aurora services). Is there a way to do it using Lineage recovery ?
I tried to flash TWRP instead of Lineage recovery but it seems that after that, when i lock the bootloader, I can’t boot my phone anymore ?

So, what is the best way to do things ?

• Letting the bootloader unlocked (but find a way to remove the anoying warning) ?
  • Finding a way to install system app and even root if I want (not sure about that) using Lineage recovery ?
  • Finding a way to have TWRP AND a locked bootloader ?

I’m kind of stuck on this one, can’t find what to do.

Thanks

Flashing TWRP is not the best idea. If you need it permanently instead of just booting into it, I would advice to look at the official instructions on how to do it

Thanks for the idea.

But from what I understand, I need the bootloader to be unlocked in order to boot TWRP.
So if I boot to TWRP, install system app and then lock the bootloader, it will wipe all my data (including the system app I installed).

Is there something I’m missing there ?

I used to systematically use TWRP on my previous phones, but on my Fairphones, I see some weird behaviours (probably due to my lack of knowledge on what’s happening on these low-level systems), so I finally sticked to the tutorials and used LOS’ recovery.

And I never relock the bootloader. Maybe there are ways to hide the annoying warning, but I learned to live with it.

And are you able to install system app with LOS recovery?

What I would do is:

1. Unlock bootloader
  2. Install Magisk
  3. install Aurora service magisk module
  4. use zygisk to hide root/unlocked bl if needed

Just to add: you cant have a rooted phone with a locked bootloader

If you mean Magisk, then yes, definitely.
I also recently installed MindTheGapps on a Fairphone with LOAS recovery.

Thanks for all the ideas.
I’ll try some stuff this evening.

Quick questions :

• from what I read, to install magisks you need to patch the ROM. Installing through recovery is deprecated. Does it still work ? If I use the patch ROM method, what happen when I update the ROM ? Will it remove magisks ?
  • also I’m a bit confused about locked bootloader . when it’s locked ,does it only prevent from booting / flashing recovery ? Or it also prevents installing things from lineage recovery (which works even when bootloader is lock after flag) ?

OK so I dig into the internet and found the answer I needed.

I guess I’ll try a lineage + magisks setup and just live with the unlock bootloader warning!

Thanks for the answers!

My experience: the patch ROM method didn’t work for me. But the installation through recovery (rename the apk to zip, sideload on recovery mode) always worked for me.

1 Like

Patch ROM method worked for me. I patched the lineage microg boot img.
I didn’t find the vbmeta.img so I didn’t patch it. I had a bootloop at first but a factory reset was enough to fix it.

Thanks again for the support !

Hi,
does anyone besides me also have the issue that the latest LOS update (06.03.2023) is installed but is not active after installation and a reboot? It seems the wrong partition is active or something else goes wrong.

EDIT:
It works now as expected. I downloaded the Update a 2nd time, installed, reboot and now it is installed.

1 Like

Here the link to the 20.0-release:

3 Likes