Official LineageOS 18.1 for Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+

Just made two pictures with camera and selfie, respectively:
IMG_20220625_221043.jpg: JPEG image data, Exif standard: [TIFF image data, big-endian, direntries=8], baseline, precision 8, 3000x4000, components 3
IMG_20220625_221054.jpg: JPEG image data, Exif standard: [TIFF image data, big-endian, direntries=8], baseline, precision 8, 1728x2304, components 3

There seems to be an issue again with the building process. Usually at this time in monday a new build would be available. Not important right now, but if you have time, please have a look.

are we officially on 19.1 now? @dk1978 , @TeamB58

Oh. It is there and the new one is indeed 19.1.

Was wondering why Iode offers first beta for Android 12 as its based on LOS, however seeing first build for 19.1 published might explain it :wink:

Yes, we are almost ready with official 19.1. You have seen the first successful build, and the Wiki page will be updated next + new forum thread here.

5 Likes

Yeah, just wondering, as the updater already brings 19.1. So this sounds official-ish to me :slight_smile:

Yes, please give it a try. We’ll wait 1-2 days before officially declaring 19.1 support.

And, it’s here!!!

4 Likes

Ciao. Just tried to sideload LineageOs using adb but I keep getti the error

Error applying update:  26 (ErrorCode:kDownloadMetadataSignatureMismatch)

I’ve searched the web a bit and seem like I need to change the signature … but how ? And why ?

Thanks

Worked flawless, thank you all.

Hi, and welcome. What was on your phone before? Another (inofficial) version of LineageOS or the stock system?

Ciao. I had the latest version of e/OS/ - /e/OS - e Foundation - deGoogled unGoogled smartphone operating systems and online services - your data is your data

You will have to flash the LineageOS boot partition to get a recovery that will accept the sideload. Try following the instructions here:

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/FP3/install#temporarily-booting-a-custom-recovery-using-fastboot

1 Like

Flashing the boot partition solved the issue. Thanks.

Hey, will there be no more updates for 18.1?
I’m not planning on switching to 19.1 yet.

No normally with a new Version support for previous version stops

1 Like

Sorry, but no. The capacity of the build servers is limited, but you could always build for yourself and still get updates for the Android framework.

1 Like

Under Lineageos 18.1 there is the same error as in some have also with the 19th version. Namely that the WLAN connection breaks during large downloads. Is this at least still fixed?

So, I updated from March 2022 to 16 june 2022 Lineage (with MicroG) and I notice my battery barely lasts a day instead of 1,5 day and also the CPU usage of the last 4 core’s stay at 1 Ghz. I now also installed Lineage 19 with micro g on a different FP3+ and it also shows the last cores at 1Ghz.

Does anybody else have their last 4 core’s IDLE at 1Ghz instead of 0,6Ghz as well?

I did the adb shell top command and it shows barely any CPU activity in the apps. So maybe this is a setting in the CPU govenor or something?!