Official LineageOS 18.1 for Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+

Yeah, I guess there’s indeed a problem with SD Cards… And they are slow, even if premium cards…

My sd card is working fine and it is pretty fast, except that deleting big files takes forever. For each GB in filesize it takes like 8 seconds. :man_shrugging: it’s kinda weird.

I rebooted my phone and now it wants to reformat the sdcard.

Can you read the card with another device?

Possibly. I don’t have any other device available right now. Have to wait until next week.

Is this the same issue with SD cards formatted as internal as found on the default OS A10 ??

No, it’s not formatted as internal. I tried that at first, but that really broke everything. It is (or was) formatted as a removable sdcard. It has worked just fine for weeks or months, but now my FP3 wants to format it. It’s possible the sdcard is broken; I will be able to verify that next week.

1 Like

For me, that happens from time to time. But everything is fine after a reboot.

I’ve tried I don’t know how many reboots now…

Maybe you really should check the card on a computer. This should not happen.
Apart from the occasional (very rare) event of “card is corrupt” my only quarrel is that the fuse based access is very slow, and this is causing problems with navigation apps. TeamB58 wanted to work on an up-to-date kernel, but it seems his work is not appreciated upstreams

I would also try powering off, then removing the card, and powering on again. That forces Android to reevaluate the status of external storage. Then power off again, insert card, power on, and see if you can just add the card as external storage in the dialogs without reformatting.

1 Like

I’m not sure how the current state is re Vendor Security patches.
Are we supposed to flash them ourselves from the Stock Image, or will they eventually be incorporated in one of the next releases?

I am working on FP4 at the moment, and after the mess with the Vodafone caller id I prefer to wait and see if the vendor updates work correctly on stock.
I can do an FP3 vendor update in the following few days.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for your effort, dk1978!

Does that mean that those vendor updates are also part of the “LineagOS for microG” builds? As I understand, they simply take your official LineageOS builds and just add microG into them.

Not quite. Their updates are still missing most of the firmware (e.g. modem) partitions. You may want to read this post and the following ones, what was written for 17.1 still applies:

3 Likes

Interesting - I have exactly the same problem when using AusweisApp2 with FP3+ and eOS. I do not believe that it is a question of how to place the card correctly into the near of the NFC chip… I tried all possible positions, always the same problem despite 100% charge, detached cover… obviously the NFC connetion gets started at first (vibration, some initial functions) but then always interrupted. I have read that some devices deactivate NFC automatically if it is active longer time than necessary for payments… ? So the interaction starts but always is stopped by the device like a timeout… ? Any users here with success using AusweisApp2 on FP3/3+?

I’m using it successfully with this LOS here.
Though it’s a bit difficult at times

Any news about the new build that I think would have been published on Feb 14?

There is always the official change list. You may be interested in this: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_fairphone_FP3/+/322885. I have incorporated the blobs from the 0134 build and updated the vendor patch level accordingly.

Another thing from my side was a fix that prevented people from installing MindTheGapps.

2 Likes

Thanks @dk1978 . The new blobs actually made me look forward eagerly to the Feb 14 build, but then the build did not appear on LineageOS Downloads at the expected time.

So my question is - why has the Feb 14 build not been made available?

I was wondering if maybe the build process failed due to the new blobs, or…

Keep up the good work! Really appreciate it!