Official LineageOS 17.1 for Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+

I made your post a wiki for you to edit it, I can undo it when you’re done.

@dk1978 I have just read from the LOS install guide that it is recommended to sideload the copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip before flashing LOS, since slot_b could be empty/not have the firmware as updated as slot_a.

I still have troubles with VoIP calls (whatsapp/telegram/signal, …), even though I am using the latest LOS (and back in May I had flashed back stock OS: could it be that one of the two slots has not the updated firmware?

In my case, I flashed lineage-17.1-xxxxx-nightly-FP3-signed.zip on both slots. You can switch slots directly with TWRP (reboot menu). I don’t have any problem with VoIP.

1 Like

I have dirty-flashed the lineage-17.1-xxxxx-nightlt-FP3-signed.zip on both slots, reinstalled magisk, uG and all the modules, purged and re-created from scratch my work profile (as work profile’s uG’s permissions were broken) and the first VoIP call I have attempted (via Whatsapp) resulted in an audio server crash :-/

I was the caller and it crashed. I rebooted the phone, called again and it worked. I have just attempted another call and looks like it works.

Will try to provide some logs next time

Uhm… What do you mean a “dirty flash”. Did you wiped the caches ? [HOWTO] Clear Dalvik/ART and System Cache in TWRP - HOWTOs - /e/ community

With “dirty flash” I meant that I had just re-flashed the LOS rom, without doing a factory reset or doing any wipe of some sort.

I have tried to wipe the Dalvik partition, with TWRP and on both slots. Things look like have gotten worse: before this operation, a VoIP call would cause the phone to crash, I would reboot the phone and at least the first call I did would work.

During the weekend, for several times, my phone crashed right away after the reboot and as soon as I was picking up/making a VoIP call (Whatsapp and Telegram did this behavior).

Moreover, since I have wiped the Dalvik cache, some other weird behavior happened: while doing anything in particular, the screen would not turn on, even if the phone was on and working fine some moments earlier. This occurred mostly last Friday and Saturday, yesterday and today this did not happen again.

I have managed to save some logs, I haven’t filtered them as I don’t know what is/is not relevant, but if someone can tell me a criterion (e.g. save only errors), I will follow it from now on.

Here is the log taken from right after a VoIP call crash, whereas here is the one after the screen crashed from no apparent reason.

I have just found that I have made a colossal derp in the previous message: the logs attached are not to be seen (I expected that the link would last longer).
I have re-uploaded the first one and the second one.

I have some additional info: I was pretty tired of not being able to make VoIP calls, so I’ve decided to reset all and try again: after a backup (both Seedvault and the storage partition) I wiped out everything, flashed the latest stock OS (FP3-REL-Q-3.A.0107-20210513.132633), rebooted and did the initial configuration. Then, via TWRP I flashed the copy-partitions-xxxx package from official LOS page, flashed the latest LOS, rebooted, installed magisk, uG and everything, and restored the Seedvault and the storage partition.

Well, now I can call/pick up the first VoIP call, but as soon as I go for the second the phone crashes again. I have no logs yet, but I will provide one ASAP.

Sorry for your isssues, strange behaviour…

Did you check that the APN configuration match with your carrier specifications ? Enventually you should also test VoIP before restoring the backup.

Can you get the logs before the crash (start log catching before VoIP) ?

1 Like

hey @tamburine :slight_smile:
I have similar issues with LOS 17.1 on my FP3 but didn’t find any solution yet. I switched from LOS4microG to original LOS, tried to install stock rom adn then again LOS. Nothing helped. I’ve also created some crash logs some time ago. Hopefully LOS 18 might help to overcome this annoying issue…

Did you check that the APN configuration match with your carrier specifications ? Enventually you should also test VoIP before restoring the backup.

Well, it’s true that there have been issues between LOS and my mobile’s carrier, but since a couple of months I have been using a dual sim, and the second sim works fine with the default configurations (whereas the primary sim’s APN has to be configured manually and I don’t receive the carrier’s push notifications for the automatic configuration).

These logs should start right at the boot, and not long after that I had a successful Whatsapp call, and after that again an unsuccessful one.

Could it be related to the SeedVault backup? It would be very annoying if that were to be the case :confused:

Alright people - 18.1 is going live over the weekend! I expect first builds around Tuesday as usual. :slight_smile:

I know we have unresolved 17.1 issues, and I don’t expect much improvement on stuff like the audio problems. But: Fairphone is being fair once again and has opened up Gerrit access to their kernel build. This will make it a lot easier to keep the kernel (including the audio patches) up to date in the future.

10 Likes

The 18.1 story will continue in a fresh forum thread. Thanks goes to all users and of course good luck with the transition.

8 Likes

Hi,
I’ve been using LOS 17.1 for MicroG for quite a while now without problems. But there seems to be a bug in the latest build (20210801) which leads to bluetooth issues. I can’t connect my FP3 to my car audio system with this build. With 20210706 and earlier versions, it worked flawlessly.
Is this a known bug, and will it be fixed?
Thanks in advance
Heinrich

Maybe it is connected to the Bluetooth Bug in LOS 18.1? Official LineageOS 18.1 for Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+ - #21 by TeamB58
Then it should be fixed with the next build :slight_smile:

Hi. I updated to the same build. Bluetooth still works as good as before with my car audio. So I can’t confirm your issue. Did you try another Bluetooth source for comparison?

No, I didn’t. And I don’t think, this would make sense, because the connection to my car audio system used to work with any former build of LOS 17.1. Since I haven’t changed anything on the car audio side, the reason must be on the phone side. I’ve downgraded to an older build now, which will connect flawlessly to my car. Think I’ll skip this update and wait for the next one.

I don’t own a car, because I think cars are one of the biggest threats for survival of mankind, so I can’t test with car system. But that is maybe slightly off-topic.

On Topic: I had to delete the BT connection in the Settings to my Bose Sound link Mini II (a BT speaker) and pair it with the phone again, otherwise I could make no connection between phone and speaker with the August 1st update of LOS4MicroG 17.1. So there seems to be an issue, but for me it could be solved by re-pairing.

1 Like

Thanks for your kind reply, but I’ve tried this already and couldn’t fix it that way.

Meanwhile I’ve upgraded to LOS for MicroG 18, and everything works fine again.

1 Like