Not charging from laptop, possible help in London?

You might also consider installing “Ampere” app (more details you’ll find in it’s FAQ at http://goo.gl/R8XgXX ). This would give you a rough information about charging current and if the phone is too hot (e.g. by an app using excessive CPU power) to continue charging (although plugged in).

It’s now nearly two months since I started this thread, and still my desired outcome of meeting a more experienced Fairphone user in person has yet to happen. I ended up lamenting about my smartphone woes at work, not that I expected anyone to have heard of the FP2, nor had they. The upshot of this was that one of my colleagues looked it up and advised me that I definitely needed a new battery. So I’ve ordered one. Meanwhile the charging problem has got progressively worse. I’ve missed two alarm calls because the FP2 went flat overnight, refusing to charge from either the mains or a power bank. As recently as yesterday I managed to charge it to 100% from my work laptop, but at midnight I was woken up by the “battery low” warning and I haven’t been able to charge the phone by any means since.

If I’m lucky, the DHL courier will catch me at home on Thursday after I’m back from a dentist’s appointment. Otherwise, I’m facing a 64-km round trip to an industrial estate the other side of Birmingham on Saturday morning to get the new battery.

Fortunately I was in when the DHL courier called.
Unfortunately my FP2 refuses to charge even with the new battery, so I guess that means replacing the bottom module again.

@anthony, what is your availability for the remainder of 2018?

I received an email from the Phone Co-op this week inviting me to upgrade to Android 7.

My FP2 has been dispatched to the Netherlands with a possible diagnosis of a faulty core module.

I wonder if I might have more luck (in terms of arranging a face-to-face meeting) with the Fairphone community in Forres? @M_Dammer, are you there?

Very sorry to read that @M_Dammer has sold his FP2. :frowning:
https://forum.fairphone.com/t/sold-fp2-second-generation-camera-modules-for-sale-150/46019/6

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.