No camera in Chrome browser

I am not able to use my camera from within the Chrome browser any more. It worked perfect, but now no longer.

I tried to adjust the security-/app-settings but in vain.

Any hint for me?
Thanks
Thomas

Try deleting cache and data of chrome app

Tanks - but how can I delete cache and date from chrome? It took me a while to fine, were I can terminate it…

Settings/apps/all apps/chrome/storage and cache/clear cache and clear storage

Thanks - I’ll try that

I did not completely cleared the storage - this would mean to remove ALL data from chrome - like all accounts aso. - this is not what I would like to do.
Nevertheless, camera still does not work on a particular web-page…
But on another page it works ?!?!

For what do you need a camera on web pages?

The two pages I am referring two are both related to Covid-19.
On Greencheck the camera is used to scan the QR on a test certificate - this works.
And on the pages of Lead-Horizon there is a web-application which guides you through a gargle-test to check your covid-state. During that process a bar-code is scanned and you are filmed when gargeling - and these two steps do not work any more.

OK, Österreichisches Gurgeln… Wusst erst gar nicht was du meinst

Zwei Dinge, die mir noch einfallen

Wieder in den Settings wo du schon warst wegen Cache und Speicher löschen.
Dort hat es auch Berechtigungen. Kucken ob die Kamera fĂĽr Chrome erlaubt ist.

Dann in der Chrome App selbst muss es unter Einstellungen den Punkt “Website Einstellungen” geben
Dort kann man global Kamera Zugriff gewähren und bei dem Hamburger Menü - Alle Webistes granular pro Website Einstellungen vornehmen.

Das ist das einzige was mir jetzt noch einfällt.

Ansonsten wirklich Cache und Daten löschen. Wenns auch schwer fällt

1 Like

Oder einen anderen Browser probieren…

Es gibt auch noch in den Chrome Einstellungen den Punkt unter Datenschutz und Sicherheit den Punkt Browserdaten löschen.
Dort den Reiter Erweitert und Websiet Einstellungen
Dort mal für die beiden Seiten suchen und die Daten speziell dafür löschen und neu testen.

This looks like a permission problem. Try to change the camera permission for the website inside Chrome.

5 Likes

Thanks, I did not know about that granularity, but this solved the issue.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.