No 3G and no www at all except at home with WIFI (Sweden)

The APN changes above fix the problem. Seems Telia changed some settings but the Telia default profile on the phone kept the old settings.

2 Likes

Two of my friends and I use Fairphone with the provider Halebop (which I believe cooperates with Telia) and have had the same problems during the last couple of weeks. Changing the APN settings as stated above solved the problems for at least two of us (havenā€™t had time to check with the third yet).

EDIT: also in Sweden
EDIT 2: a fourth friend with Fairphone and Halebop also had the same problem. So far changing the APN settings has worked for all four of us.

Yes, Halebop is a MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) and owned by Telia, using the same network ID.
As I understand it, having read a number of posts, Telia indeed changed something a few weeks ago. Some users have got themselves a new SIM card (and thus got the new settings automatically). Others have changed their APN settings as above, and that seems to work, too.
At least for nowā€¦

I also live in Sweden and have Telia as provider, and I have had the same problem (3G mostly not working, only with some apps). Called their support and they told me to send a SMS to 4466 with the text ā€œsurfā€. I then received a couple of messenges back with installation of the right APN settings. It seems to work now.

3 Likes

The issue showed up after the OS upgrade, yes, however not quickly after. No, we have not introduced any new 98-361 pass applications that created this. Prior to the OS upgrade, there was still this issue with the failing telephone. Some place else on this gathering I saw somebody specifying that the email project worked actually when web did not (have attempted diverse programs). Today it was the same for me. Different applications donā€™t work on the grounds that no 3g association (regardless of the fact that the symbol says as much).

Today the telephone restart did not in any case help this issue. This must be illuminated now, as it is presently, the telephone is futile.

Are you on Telia Sweden? If so, try Olgaā€™s brilliant suggestion (post immediately before your own). If you have another provider, check that your APN settings are the recommended.

Hi,
I have browsed through this thread and also tried to find other sources as I am experiencing the same issues for two months now. It started with me being abroad (from Germany to Norway in January) where data roaming was not possible although I checked all settings with provider.
After my return mobile internet also back in Germany did not work anymore, EXCEPT, and that is similar to the cases described earlier, e-mail and instagram/ whatsapp. However, no www-browsing, google maps and other apps on the phone.
I have now moved back to the Philippines and am using two Simcards of different providers which are both experiencing the same issues, although I have checked APN settings several time - as in the first occasion with the one provider mobile internet worked for a very short time after changing the APN settings. But after that no mobile internet for browsing and most apps available anymore and me slightly getting upsetā€¦ (funnily, tethering/ hotspot for my computer works fine and even provides pretty fast internet).
Do you have any other suggestions how to solve this problem?
Thanks a lot in advance for your support!

Sounds like a port problem to me (different apps using different ports to access the internet). Iā€™m not an expert in this thoughā€¦

Here is a similar problem, maybe you find hints to solve yours.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried different settings as suggested by my provider but so far none has worked. I will call them up these days and also try again with my other SIM Card, just to make sure. But so far, changing APN settings has not done the trick. I will update asap.

1 Like