New slim back cover

Support told me that there will be no blue translucent backcovers in stock again! :disappointed:

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t say thatā€¦ (It looks horrible because I tried to glue it back into place in a last attempt to avoid a support ticketā€¦ letā€™s say I have a new one now ^^)

2 Likes

Well, I purposely chose it. I love being able to see the innards of the phone, and to show it off. Blue to me was nicer than the grey alternative.

1 Like

Why not? Were they too fragile?

Yes, I try to fix it with hot glue, too. But it donā€™t last for a long time. So I glue it again and again.
The replacement cover is still in the package.

I think itā€™s too expensive to offer all old and the new colors. As they explained before, the machine which produces the covers has to be cleaned after each color, so itā€™s cheaper to produce less colors.

3 Likes

What a pity, the blue translucent cover is - by far - my absolute top favorite!
So Iā€™ll better take good care for mine (and hope this helps) ā€¦

2 Likes

Same with me! My regular cover does not look good anymore, too.

My transparent cover lasted for about half a year. Now I have a black cover which seems to be much sturdier. But the new covers are temptingā€¦

Thus I have a question regarding the materials of those parts: What polymer does it consist of? Are they produced as fair as the phone itself? Are recycled plastics considered for the future?

At least the old matte covers are already from 50% recycled polycarbonate. As far as I know there is no information yet about the new slim covers.

Do you actually get a free replacement if your cover splits?

If it breaks during the warranty period from regular use, then of course it is covered by warranty.
I already got one replacement under warranty without any problems.

Was not so clear to me. It would have been easy for them to argue (and I partially feel that way), that

• a bumper case is a wear part (VerschleiƟteil) just like e.g. brake shoes
  • it is just because of your mishandling the case (see the iPhone 6 plus touch/screen problems; though a huge percentage of users experiences that problem and it has been confirmed that it is actually a design flaw, they deny that it is their fault and thus donā€™t repair it for free, even if it still has warranty [see also http://ifixit.org/blog/8309/iphone-6-plus-gray-flicker-touch-death ])

But of course it is good customer service to replace a not-so-well designed part, though you might legally not be obliged to.

1 Like

Is it possible to be notified about that? Maybe here?

Yes I followed the guidelines provided here and I got a replacement in less than one week :slight_smile:
Bye!

I just discovered that you can see the new slim covers in action here. :slight_smile:
The name is easier to read than on the older covers.

I hope they will have more colors in future.
I wish they had the transparent, in the new design.
Maybe a kind of limited edition would be cool.

Ben

8 Likes

The Blue Angel award photo actually makes me wonder anew about the turqoise hue. In the shop it looks quite greenish:

But on the new photo (click to enlarge) it appears more like the previous blue matte cases.

3 Likes

Have you seen that in this video they mix up turquoise and indigo:

The indigo is shown when he says turquoise and the turquoise when he says blue.
So maybe your theory is right :wink:

1 Like

Very happy about this news. I personally donā€™t like the current case much, doesnā€™t feel good in the hand with the square edges. Looking forward to trying the new case when they become available.

1 Like