[ORDERS CLOSED} New Fairphone Bottom module with USB-C port for Fairphone 2

@Leo_TheCrafter I am interested as well to get a bottom module - or two. Thanks for putting me on the waiting list.

1 Like

Would be great if I could be added to a waiting list too. Thanks @Leo_TheCrafter

1 Like

Hey @Leo_TheCrafter, thank you for the great idea and effort!

I also need a new Bottom module because the mic donā€™t work anymore. Can you put me on your list, too? Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @unhawkable and welcome to the forum.

Whilst you wait to see if you can get a new bottom module you may want to consider trying to repair the one you have. It appears the mic often works loose.

2 Likes

That sounds as a good idea. Thank you for the hint. I will try it tomorrow at work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It works again! :hugs: :hugs:

I wrote down my small experience to this repair including some pictures:
https://forum.fairphone.com/t/fp2-bottom-module-repair-broken-usb-port/29856/23?u=unhawkable

But Iā€™m still interested in the new bottom module :wink:

3 Likes

Hey @Leo_TheCrafter , amazing work! Iā€™m also interested in that module (because my mic is broken and USB-C is the future). So, please put me on the waiting list as well. In the meantime Iā€™ll ask around if one of my friends can do the case print, some are into 3d printing, but this seems like a challenging print.

Iā€™ll also ask around to see if I can find someone who might attempt a repair for the mic (thanks @unhawkable for sharing your experience on that). I donā€™t even have the torx driver to look at the PCB. If someone reading this is interested to help me and located in Hamburg, send me a PM.

3 Likes

hej @Leo_TheCrafter I would also be very interested in a fairphone bottom module ā€œhomemade styleā€ :smiley: Unfortunately, mine was recently fried (overheated, has molten the case as wellā€¦) and Iā€™d hate to lose all my contacts and photosā€¦

Thanks for your work, it is much appreciated. This way, you help enable less-gifted users like me to extend the life-span of the fp2.

2 Likes

@Leo_TheCrafter Iā€™m also interested in your bottom module and case. I recently bought a second hand FP2 and only found out later that the bottom module is sold out. Your product is my last chance to even use this phone. I read all the threads about broken mics and wonā€™t be able to fix it myself (not mentioning replace it). Your solution seems to be a long lasting improvement.
Thanks a lot for your work.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll take you on the list

5 Likes

Should probably meanwhile read ā€œā€¦the long listā€ :wink:

3 Likes

Yep, but Iā€™d rather do one big order than many smaller ones, shipping from china isnā€™t cheap if you want it to be reasonably fast.

5 Likes

Although my FP2 works just fine with all original parts, who knows what future bringsā€¦and then there is USB-Cā€¦
I donā€™t know how far the word is spread in the Angels community, there are a few small stocks on spare parts around but they mainly are for free from broken devices. One never know if at all or when a new bottom module is needed. But I guess you do keep a few more pieces as reserve from the next batch.

2 Likes

That depends, I wonā€™t stock 10+ modules just because I may need them, a few, maybe.

2 Likes
8 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: FP2 new USB-C bottom module new batch

As I see there are a lot of orders for Berlin, may it be an idea to send them all to one address (maybe Berlin angel @schmulschubiak would agree?) to be redistributed to reduce shipping costs? Perhaps the same for other places.
Thatā€™s just an idea :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I had the same idea, but I had concerns because Berlin is a big city, so it could be difficult that everyone get their module and maybe a lot of communication to @Leo_TheCrafter to change the adresses of allready made orders (maybe it brings chaos to a process?)

But Iā€™m open to the idea, so everyone willing to reduce shipping costs can reroute their order to Berlin heaven and to my address.

5 Likes

I would have to ask everyone in berlin, but it could be worth it, both for me and the buyers, saving shipping cost.

9 Likes

Maybe a similar thing could be done for Amsterdam?

1 Like