[ORDERS CLOSED} New Fairphone Bottom module with USB-C port for Fairphone 2

Hi @Leo_TheCrafter
Please can I buy a bottom module from you for my FP2, the mic has gone on it.

Thanks for doing this project.

2 Likes

Hello @Leo_TheCrafter.
I would like to get a bottom module for my FP2.
The microphone is not working anymore.
As I have a 3D printer at home, is it possible to get only the electronic and that you provide me 3D files to print the case?
If not possible, I can also order a full module of course.
How much would you charge me for this with a postal sending to France?

2 Likes

Dear @Leo_TheCrafter,

Would you consider releasing the circuit board design as open hardware on somewhere like Github? Now that Fairphone are going to stop selling the module and given its one that people commonly have issues with, it would be nice for the community to be able to make new ones! :slight_smile:

Just a suggestion - obviously this is your project to do with as you wish :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am sorry that I havenā€™t been active for so long. I have been doing a lot of unrelated things recently and am quite busy. However I really like the idea of releasing the files.
It will take me a while to get back to the project as I have a lot of other projects, however I will do it should I find the time to do so.

19 Likes

We can repair defective FP2 bottom modules with new microphone or new USB connector. But I am also interested in re-selling such complete new modules here in Germany. I would buy a larger quantity if the newly developed type-C module would work fine. Please contact me at citoyen1973 [a-t] googlemail [d-o-t] com.

2 Likes

Hi Leo my name is Bernhard, iā€™m from Austria.
Do you still have a PCB/housing kit for sale? I would be willing to buy one.

Cheers,

Bernhard

3 Likes

Sorry, I am sold out, I will inform you once I have them back in stock

5 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum!

As much, as I like this idea ā€¦
Just a note of caution:
Beware when re-selling such modules. You might end up in big trouble, as it will be considered a business most likely. With that come quite a few legal obligations like conusmer rights (right of withdrawl, warranty and even liability in case of failure and maybe further damage). Not to mention tax and such stuff.

While I guess, that @Leo_TheCrafter can sell his products the way he does, without giving any warranty. This will change for both of you, as soon as it becomes a business chain. :wink:

Just some thoughts on my side. You might want to check back with your lawyer of trust before proceeding, as I have no real expertise in such legal stuff (and canā€™t give legal advice of course).

4 Likes
2 Likes

Dear @Leo_TheCrafter ,
The microphone of my FP2 is broken and I donā€™t have the warranty anymore, therefore I was interested if I can buy the bottom module from you?

Linda (LV)

Is it possible to buy a whole bottom module from you or is it easy to do it yourself with your materials? I do not have much technical skills.
Thanks for all the work :), Lisa

@Leo_TheCrafter

2 Likes

Hi @Leo_TheCrafter
If you are planning to do another batch, I would be interested in one or two :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Currently not, however I do like the idea, it is a lot of work though.

3 Likes

Wait, does that mean that there already has been one batch? Did I completely miss that?

1 Like

Depends on what you can call a batch. I always make at least 10 and gave them away if they worked somewhat fine.

3 Likes

Wait so there have been 10 bottom modules and I didnā€™t get the chance to buy one? :frowning:

cries in corner

5 Likes

More like 2x 10-15, though I kept a few to myself.

3 Likes

I just scrolled up the topic and I didnā€™t find any post regarding that you actually made a batch. Did you announce that somewhere else? I just want to make sure that I can get one the next time youā€™re making some

1 Like

Sorry, I am just terrible at keeping the threads separate, next time Iā€™ll announce it here, too.

6 Likes

Angels and Gods, the demands on you are not going away soon, youā€™d better buckle up and hope the sea calms. Of course you could degrade to a Basic user and opt out of the responsibility. ~ at least for the summer :slight_smile:

1 Like