New camera module, since when built in

Hello,

I have a question concerning the camera module, and haven’t found a thread to that topic yet:
How can I find out if I have the new camera module or the old one built in? (front and back)

I mean do you know from what date on the new module was built in the smartphones?
I bought my new smartphone last year.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Sebastian

Either take the phone apart to see what’s written on the modules or simply go to Settings > About phone and see what it says there (provided you are running FP OS or FP Open OS).
Or - just for the main camera module - look at the back of your phone. The new camera module has a white line between lens and flashlight.

2 Likes

Ah ok thanks a lot! Yes it has a white line :slight_smile: . And do I have than the new front module automatically too? Was it built in simoultaneously or later?

Best Regards!

Both new cameras (12 MP main camera in the camera module + 5 MP selfie camera in the top module) were introduced simultaneously at IFA 2017 in Berlin at the turn of August to September 2017.

2 Likes

It says “camera”, but I’m pretty sure back then they made the switch to the new top module, too.

1 Like

Thank you for all replies!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.