Netflix 5.x on LineageOS (FP2)

Ah right, that feature explains a lot actually. So what probably happens is in offline usage mode is it stores the DRM keys to decrypt the content in a secure enclave.

I guess not.

Remember, I have an Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, running LineageOS. And Netflix 5.x works fine on it. So it’s probably not a device or os/rom blacklist/whitelist thing.

@JeroenH did a little testing and found out the following:

1. Uninstall and reinstall the app, or stop it an clear it’s data.
  2. End all network connections (e.g. WiFi and mobile data).
  3. Start Netflix 5.x and you’ll get the following error instead: “Sorry, we could not reach the Netflix service. Please try again later. (-14)”

That doesn’t have to necessarily mean anything for our problem. But maybe Netflix somehow needs a connection to it’s server when doing the compatibility check. But it could also be unrelated to the compatibility check.

1 Like

@chrmhoffmann found a solution!

The the FP2 LineageOS ROMs had missing/incorrect libraries for WideWineCDM. Should be fixed in the next nightly! (probably 2017-11-14)

DANGEROUS - BE CAREFUL

For those who can’t wait: Copy those three files onto your system partition. You need to remount the system partition writable before.

After copying, issue chmod and chown to each file.

chmod 644 FILENAME
chown root:root FILENAME

Don’t forget to remount the system partition read-only at the end!

Finally stop the Netflix app, delete it’s data and restart it.

5 Likes

Netflix 5.9.1 works for me on the latest LineageOS+MicroG.

Netflix 5.10.0 works for me on latest LieneageOS (14.11.2017). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oh, oh, emailadress is visible! :wink:

3 Likes

I did not pay attention. :slight_smile:
thx :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.