My FP3: 3 years and counting

Hi! I have received mine 3 years ago too… and, not without a few problems, it’s still working :muscle:

4 Likes

It’s the birthday of my Fairphone 3. Still very pleased with it.

4 Likes

My Fairphone is 3 in April, very happy so far

Jane

A bit early for a birthday but welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My Fairphone 3 is three years old. I am happy with it, although it has some issues which regularly pop up in the forum like unstable WiFi or the charging port.

Martin

5 Likes

The charging port. Do you mean poor connection for just charging which could be tarnished or distorted contacts not fitting well and or debris in the port which is hard to clean.

As you have no valid warranty you may one day get frustrated enough to do a deep clean. See FP3 Bottom & Top module breakdown

But before you do that I would recommend you buy another bottom module as a backup
and then consider using a magnetic adapter especially with a new module.

3 Likes

I mean a poor connection for charging but also when transferring large amounts of data the connection can be lost easily.

Martin

Well apart from trying new cables, ensure they are IF certified, then it sounds worthwhile getting a new bottom module whilst you try and fix the current one.

Hi. I had orderered my fairphone 3 at its launch. so it is now more than 3 years old. Would be nice if I could get the badge! Thanks

4 Likes

Can I get the badge, too?
It should be around this time, when I got my FP3.

2 Likes

Fairphone should know unless you got it through some other vendor :slight_smile: but then so should the other.

To prevent anyone from contacting support due to a badge, it is possible to find the shipping date within your account at shop.fairphone.com

The offered PDF then provides the long forgotten bit of information

4 Likes

I got my FP3 in Oct-19. I’m happy with it. Badge please!

2 Likes

I got my FP3 in August 2020, can I get a badge now? It is still working perfectly :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Began research for a new smartphone in January 2020 and finalized this project with buying of FP3 on March, 14th 2020 as stock Google device; still running that OS, but step by step de-googled.

3 Likes

I ordered my FP3 on 11 September 2020. I’d been getting interested in the project for a while and when I dropped my old Samsung, the screen broke and they said it would cost more than the phone was worth, to repair it. It hadn’t had an update since 4.4.4 so I didn’t hesitate in going for an FP3+ …
Still going strong!
:fireworks:

6 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: My FP2: 7 years and counting

Dec 2020… so where can I get that badge?

PS: Maybe it may be crazy, but my goal is actually 12 years… my previous was a Samsung Mini and it held 6 years until the USB-Mini connector finally fully gave away (I fixed it a few times bending into place) and it did cost half of the FP3.

5 Likes

Well you have to ask for it. Like you just did.

2 Likes

I bought my FP3 second hand 2 3/4 years ago, but it’s actually 3 2/3 years old. So I think the phone gets a badge, but I’m unsure if I do :wink:. What are the rules?

1 Like