My FP2 doesn't start, only the vibrator!

Hi,
My FP2 doesn’t start, only the vibrator. Would really appriciate your help!

Yesterday I installed the new Fairphone OS version 1.11.1 on my FP2. Seven hours later the phone rebooted itself (has done this many times before) Only this time it didn’t start again. When I try to start it, the vibrator starts, but nothing else. When I connect a charger there was no light turning on/no sign of charging, but the vibrator starts.
= Whatever I do the vibrator starts but nothing else.

How can I get my FP2 working again?

What I have tried so far with no change as result:

1. Searching this forum for others with the same problem. Haven’t found any.
  2. Tried 3 different chargers.
  3. Both tried to start it and charge it without a Sim card.
  4. Took out the battery and let it rest for 12 hours.
  5. Picked apart the phone and looked and took out the bottom module where the charging slot is and the vibrator. Nothing seems damaged with it. Put it back together and still no difference.

Take your phone appart and carefully clean the connectors, especially those of the screen and the bottom module.
Then put everything back together making sure everything aligns well and try turning the phone on again.

If that didn’t help try the battery reset from the #batteryguide.

If that doesn’t help either try to find someone with a working FP2 near you who is willing to let you test some of their modules. Check the #localcommunities.
If you find someone test your phone with their screen, battery and bottom module, or better yet different combinations of those until you find which of your modules is the culprit.
Then contact support to get that module replaced. If you can’t find anyone to test this with you can also contact support to get modules to test and then send back the ones you don’t need. Only they don’t do this with screens as they sometimes didn’t get them back and they are very valuable.

1 Like

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the tips!

I have now cleaned the connectors. with out any result.
Also tried to the battery reset using #batteryguide. with out any result.

I am based in Stockholm Sweden, didn’t see any local community post for Stockholm unfortunately.

Any other tips than talking to support? last time I was in contact with support it took them 6 weeks to answer.

They haven’t been active lately, but @madeleine and @Ubbeus are from Stockholm.

Usually giving them a call speeds things up a lot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.