My FP2: 4 years and counting

Happy new year, and most important: when do we get the 4 years badge? :rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

Ms @Monica.Ciovica to the rescue! :angel:

6 Likes

Once that @Monica.Ciovica might already be in the according badge creation menu, she could also create a “6 Years of Fairphone 1” badge… Just in case… :wink:

7 Likes

Seeing so many threads recently about issues with the FP2 and FP3, this one is some refreshing good news to read!

2 Likes

It’s only natural that issues converge in potentially trouble-solving forums or the internet at large and get emphasised this way. Just do an internet search with any given smartphone name together with “problem” :wink: .
Most people without smartphone trouble will never just post that everything works fine for them.

For the Fairphone 2 we have this topic …

3 Likes

just to add my praise of the FP2: running perfectly with one battery replacement and 3 case changes since… puh, must have been when it came out bc it’s from the first delivery. had the same good experience with my FP1. no intention to switch to FP3 anytime soon as i’d prefer my next fairphone to have a smaller screen (iPhone 5S size).

9 Likes

I’m now in the „4 years of Fairphone 2“ club, too. And I still do not have the need for a new smartphone.

9 Likes

Ordered mine during the crowdfunding and received it after Christmas. Therefore having my FP2 for great 4 years. Replaced the bottom module, battery, the old case for the slim case and upgraded the cameras.
Still happy and looking forward to use it for as long as possible!

6 Likes

I own the FP2 for more than 4 years now, changed the device one time after 1,5 years because it died after a software update, but in case of warranty.

Now after FP3 came out, I bought a second FP2 as a spare parts source and hope to be a happy user of my FP2 for another two years ore more.

2 Likes

Four years and counting, too. Since LineageOS 16 the phone has no more major flaws. I’m looking forward to using it another year.

1 Like

smart move to buy a spare FP2 !

One year has passed. So my FP2 has also reached 4 years now and is still running fine with /e/ :grinning:

3 Likes

4 years for me, too… but now coming to an end. Maybe it will make a few more years with a new owner?

Also, I’d like to take the opportunity to say goodbye to the forum. It has been a wild ride sometimes. Maybe I will be back in a few years, when the FP5 or FP6 is out. Who knows… You always meet twice.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

7 Likes

Another 4 year old FP2 here… it struggles sometimes with noisy pixels, but otherwise it works fine. My mobile phone usage has greatly diminished in these years (one of the reasons I’m still delaying its update to LOS16), so it will probably last for some more time.

4 Likes

Mine has also turned 4 beginning of January and still working fine. Hope to be happywith it for at least two mor years until (hopefully) FP4 arrives.

4 Likes

4 years here too. However, recently my core module broke down and the battery, but both are on the way…so, waiting for the 4 year badge and hope to make it till next year to get the 5 year batch. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Four years of fairphone 2 and counting! I recently changed the battery which was pretty dead, and replaced the case after the first year, but that’s It! Applying for the badge :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have got my FP2 in February 2016. I need a new badge!

4 Likes

I received my FP2 at the beginning of February 2016, I’d like to have the badge as well ^^

5 Likes

I received my FP2 at the beginning of January 2016 and still my daily driver (with LOS). Waiting for the badge …

My 5 year old Fairphone 1 works now as Night Clock / Alarm !

7 Likes