My FP1: Five years and counting! | Who is still using their FP1?

You received plenty of advice regarding the battery already:

Yeah but unfortunately it didn’t help me.

Have fun on that metal festival. :metal:t3::guitar:

I am also on my second edition FP1U. Deliverd August 2014 and
 it’s still does a good job.

6 Likes

My FP1 is already 5 years old and counting!

( Working on Android 4.4.4 thanks to z3ntu: Android KitKat (4.4.4) for FP1 )

9 Likes

I got my FP1 on 20 January 2014. So, my phone has five years and almost eight months. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m still using it with KitKat thanks to @z3ntu Android KitKat (4.4.4) for FP1

8 Likes

Et moi, j’ai eu mon fairphone en octobre 2013. Il marche toujours bien
 Ă  part la camĂ©ra dont les photos sont vraiment mauvaises. Mais bon, je tĂ©lĂ©phone, j’envoie des messages, j’écoute de la musique. Utiliser des applis, ca peut poser des problĂšmes Ă  cause du vieux systĂšme d’exploitation. - Et je vais commander le fairphone 3 :grinning: (Dommage qu’il n’ y aura pas de pochette en couleur :woozy_face:)

3 Likes

i’m another happy FP1 first edition user :slight_smile: i had to replace the battery last year, & purchased the vhbw battery (https://vhbw-b2b.de/produkte/telefon/akkus/a12/b58/171296/Akku_fuer_Huawei_wie_HB5N1H_ua_1800mAh.htm) which comes with silicone spacers to make it fit & works fine. soon after that a friend gave me a proper FP1 battery, which i’m now using, & then at a Fairphone Meetup meeting i was given another FP1 battery. so there are still the original batteries around, and the vhbw one is a perfectly good replacement.
i’m still running on android 4.2.2. as i am a minimal phone user, and a minimal app user, and do not use google at all on my phone, i have not yet run into any problems because of using an older operating system, but i guess that will happen eventually & at that point i’ll be forced to upgrade 
 but i fully expect the phone to keep working :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Looks like I’m another happy FP1 owner that has turned 5, having bought mine in october 2014! (the badge, the badge! :smiley:)
It’s running Android 4.4.2 and, if you’re not too demanding on performance, it is still quite usable.

It has reached 5 years despite falling into the sea (!) 3 years ago, and I believe that it recovered from the accident only thanks to the possibility to be disassembled almost completely so I could wipe it out.

I really want to send a big “thank you” to all the guys at Fairphone for the great job, and I’m seriously considering to switch to a new FP3, but I’m not in hurry
 :wink:

12 Likes

My FP1: One edition continues to work despite falls :laughing::ok_hand:

7 Likes

My FP1 is 5 years and 11 months now, I got it in January 2014 (having ordered it in the summer of 2013 I think). And of course it’s google-free. It’s on the second battery, and the screen has a crack, but we applied a screen protection film (?) and it’s fine. Only problem, for some reason the SD-card can’t be read any more.
Do I get the badge?

(since last week, I now also have an FP3. am still learning how to use it. Some very good features of the FP1 / apps don’t exist for it unfortunately. Still a bit undecided as to the future of my FP1 now.)

2 Likes

Actually I don’t know how to award badges, maybe it needs one of the @moderators

Yup, it’s a manual one. Badges awarded.

6 Likes

I’d like to know if there is any other one in the world who still uses his FP1 with the original battery like me?? :open_mouth:

4 Likes

I do, but I got myself a backup battery early on (mid-2015) and am changing back and forth between the two every couple of months. Currently using the original (mid-2014) battery again and I get like 7-8 days out of it with very light use.

2 Likes

Well, you are cheating! :joy: And do you use it as your daily phone?

I do! I do! I do! :smiley:

5 Likes

FP1 user here (19/05/2014). Original battery too. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was disappointed by the lack of Android 4.4 support and didn’t want to support FP further but changed my mind and ordered a FP3 after a friend’s feedback on it.

But I see some are able to install android 4.4? How come, I don’t get it?

Cheers all.

2 Likes

It’s a community build. So no automatic update.
More details here.

2 Likes

Thanks. Seems aaaaawfully complicated, I’ll pass. :stuck_out_tongue:

FP3 is better serviced in that regard?