My FP1: Five years and counting! | Who is still using their FP1?

Hey!! I’m also a FP1 user!! Order: 27094, since February 2014, with 4.2.2. Bloated battery was replaced in 2017, but everything runs smooth :smiley:

4 Likes

I changed the topic title. I might be oversensitive here, but I believe his is not correct here even if you disregard gender neutral language. But I know people sometimes feel offended if their topic titles are changed, so if this is the case please let me know and I’ll change it back.

3 Likes

I too still have and use my FP1 which was ordered on the first day of the crowdfunding, order number 139 :slight_smile: All parts still original except the battery which has been replaced a couple of times

5 Likes

I still use 4.2. I don’t know so much why doing this update to 4.4.4… Or are there any alternative OS for the FP 1? Does Sailfish work on a FP1?

1 Like

How very encouraging that there are so many others with FP1s. My order was 20 May 2014, not sure how long it took to arrive, but I guess I’m in the 5 year club. On my second battery and third case, happily running Android 4.2.2, but otherwise everything is the same as when it came out of the case.

3 Likes

My FP1U is turning 5 today – Happy Birthday!

I still get around a week out of the battery (if most of my music files were still at 128 kBit/sec instead of 256 and if I still used MUSIC instead of VLC, I’d probably still get 9-10 days out of it every now and then). And it even runs a 400 GB microSDXC card now.

So if any moderator or admin would be so kind to grant me the badge, please? :slight_smile:

23 Likes

congratulations! i’m also still using my FP1 first edition & i guess it must also be coming up to 5 years :slight_smile: i’m onto the second battery & have no problems at the moment :slight_smile:

9 Likes

As a First Edition FP1, your Fairphone is easily 5.5 years old. Congrats and way to go! :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

And a similar link with 94 messages in Fp1 Four years and counting, is now 5 years https://forum.fairphone.com/t/my-fp1-four-years-and-counting/36723/101

3 Likes

Mine is also 5.5 years now (from Feb 2014) and in fact I put my SIM in it today as I still use it as my open air festival phone while my FP2 stays at home.

Funny thing: I checked the FP1 two days ago and all was working well. I left it on fully charged without SIM but WiFi on for two days and the battery dropped to 81 percent. On a bad day my FP2 loses as much over night with energy saving mode on… (I know, there’s barely any apps on the FP1 so comparing both is a little unfair).

5 Likes

I have a second edition FP1U and have had problems. Apps keep not working. Need a new battery but can’t find one.

You received plenty of advice regarding the battery already:

Yeah but unfortunately it didn’t help me.

Have fun on that metal festival. :metal:t3::guitar:

I am also on my second edition FP1U. Deliverd August 2014 and… it’s still does a good job.

6 Likes

My FP1 is already 5 years old and counting!

( Working on Android 4.4.4 thanks to z3ntu: Android KitKat (4.4.4) for FP1 )

9 Likes

I got my FP1 on 20 January 2014. So, my phone has five years and almost eight months. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m still using it with KitKat thanks to @z3ntu Android KitKat (4.4.4) for FP1

8 Likes

Et moi, j’ai eu mon fairphone en octobre 2013. Il marche toujours bien… à part la caméra dont les photos sont vraiment mauvaises. Mais bon, je téléphone, j’envoie des messages, j’écoute de la musique. Utiliser des applis, ca peut poser des problèmes à cause du vieux système d’exploitation. - Et je vais commander le fairphone 3 :grinning: (Dommage qu’il n’ y aura pas de pochette en couleur :woozy_face:)

3 Likes

i’m another happy FP1 first edition user :slight_smile: i had to replace the battery last year, & purchased the vhbw battery (https://vhbw-b2b.de/produkte/telefon/akkus/a12/b58/171296/Akku_fuer_Huawei_wie_HB5N1H_ua_1800mAh.htm) which comes with silicone spacers to make it fit & works fine. soon after that a friend gave me a proper FP1 battery, which i’m now using, & then at a Fairphone Meetup meeting i was given another FP1 battery. so there are still the original batteries around, and the vhbw one is a perfectly good replacement.
i’m still running on android 4.2.2. as i am a minimal phone user, and a minimal app user, and do not use google at all on my phone, i have not yet run into any problems because of using an older operating system, but i guess that will happen eventually & at that point i’ll be forced to upgrade … but i fully expect the phone to keep working :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Looks like I’m another happy FP1 owner that has turned 5, having bought mine in october 2014! (the badge, the badge! :smiley:)
It’s running Android 4.4.2 and, if you’re not too demanding on performance, it is still quite usable.

It has reached 5 years despite falling into the sea (!) 3 years ago, and I believe that it recovered from the accident only thanks to the possibility to be disassembled almost completely so I could wipe it out.

I really want to send a big “thank you” to all the guys at Fairphone for the great job, and I’m seriously considering to switch to a new FP3, but I’m not in hurry… :wink:

12 Likes