Music player can't find audio files

I have the same issue with audio files on internal memory. I use Linux on my laptop.

Where you able to find ā€œ.nomediaā€ files on your SD card?

No, I did a full reset of the phone and formatted the SD card. The problem still persists.

So right now you have a ā€œstorage upgradedā€ FP1 (OS version ā€œ1.8.7ā€/Android 4.2.2) and music (as working .mp3s) on the fresh SD card without any .nomedia files. Strange. Right know I cannot think of anything else. :frowning:

I just reinstalled 1.8.7 on my phone again and copied 420 MB .mp3s to my SD card. It worked, the music is found, both in VLC and in the standard(?) android music app. I can even ā€œseeā€ how the new music gets updated in the player on the fly (Update: using MTP mode, btw). Strange.

@Johannes - is there something we overlooked? Broken upgrade? Will triggering a forced update with the Fairphone Updater change anything? I think not ā€¦

Are you using a first batch FP1 and did you apply the storage upgrade when you updated? After the storage updater the behaviour of the USB connection is different. To see the internal memory you will need to use MTP mode.

It may be worth a shot - the full reset seems to only wipe user data, so if something got stuck during the update a reset wouldnā€™t necessarily clear it.

These files were showing up normally before the update, right? So unless the indexer changed in the update (not sure how closely the indexer is linked to to the stagefright stuff that is addressed in the update), the files should still be capable of being indexed - i.e. they are all tagged with metadata in a format that the indexer can parse (when you play them via the file manager, artist and title should show up on different lines. If the filename is shown instead, then the metadata isnā€™t being parsed).

1 Like

This topic is old but I finally found a solution after playing around with the old FP1 because my dad needs a phone :slight_smile:

The solution is to set the mp3 tags. The mp3 files had empty tags, thatā€™s why they were not recognized. But I still canā€™t understand why they worked prior the software update.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.