Microphone not working anymore

hummm now it’s not working any more …

I received a reply from Fairphone support. They are going to refund the bottom module I ordered and replaced myself. Because of the many times I had to open the phone, my back cover was broken too. They gonna sent me a new one.

After several weeks, everything is still working fine with the replaced module.

1 Like

Hi,

Exactly the same problem for me :

• Since the last release (1.6.2) ;
  • Only for calls (not in video) ;
  • In the beginning, it was sometimes, but now I have the problem with all my calls :frowning:

Did someone find a definitive solution for this problem ?

Kind regards,

Muchichowa

Hello, see my topic above:

I had the same problem with the microphone (people could only hear me when I talked with the speaker on). As an additional problem, I barely could charge my phone anymore. I tried ten different charges and only rarely I was able to charge the phone.

Since I suspected problems with the bottom module, I ordered a new bottom module myself (because of the warranty procedure taking too much time) and replaced the old one. Everything works now as before!

I will now ask if Fairphone can refund the module under warranty.

Replacing the bottom module was very easy by the way.

1 Like

Oh! I see I am not the only one then.

Just realized I can’t take phone calls anymore. people cannot hear me. If I am using a plug-in headphone it works fine. So now I’m gonna carry that around wherever I go, in addition to the charger…

Anyhow, I should just call support, I guess? Is that the way to go here, aka warranty?

The updates don’t seem to improve my phone, I get random reboots about once a day…

Annemarie (Helsinki)

Edit: I just called (using my headset :slight_smile: ) and they’ll send me a new module :slight_smile:

Hi,
my microphone doesn`t work either. It´s interesting to read that so many Fairphone2 users have the same problem.
I wanted to order a new module but it is sold out! Where can I get one??
Wrote to the support team today but as I read in the forum it will take weeks until they answer … but I need my phone!!

1 Like

Same problem here.
People don’t hear me on call
Mic of video works
I contacted the support team

Me too.
I didn’t expect so many people having this problem. This may be the explanation why the bottom module is out of stock :frowning:

I have this issue now, worked this weekend but not today. I truly need my mic to work,

I also have had this problem, and wrote about it on here a month ago, no-one else picked up on it. Also emailed Fairphone support with no response, not even automated. I live in Australia so I can’t call them unfortunately :frowning:

The bottom module was available again, delivered within 2 days. With this new module the microphone is working well. I can make phone calls without headset again.
I’m still waiting for answer from FP support, since 3 weeks now.

Did you already open a ticket at the FP support or did you just write your issue here in the community forum?
Here is the link for creating a ticket at the FP support:
https://fairphone.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

same problem here, awaiting new module from support.

Hey there, please find relevant information here, to check if you have an issue with the primary microphone of the Fairphone 2 or not:

https://fairphone.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213161166-My-microphone-does-not-work-properly

3 Likes

I’m having the same problem, my microphone doesn’t work in a regular call or recording a video. It sounds like interference or wind. But if I put my phone onto speaker it does work… Not convenient to have all my phonecalls on loudspeaker for everyone to hear…

How did you get on with support team? This is exactly what is happening to my phone…

I am having the exact same problem on my FP2. Suddenly the normal call mic stopped working so people can’t hear me on calls unless I put them on speakerphone. It’s a total nightmare as I run a small business. I really want to recommend Fairphone to people because it’s a great idea but I can’t do so in good faith considering the repeated multiple problems I have with it.

I’m going to try a hard reset this afternoon and then try to find time to look at the bottom module. Is there a video/diagram/set of instructions on how to remove and replace it anywhere?

Many thanks,

Imogen

1 Like

You can use Sylvain’s instructions on how to test whether you need a new module. There’s a quick video on Fairphone’s support website about how to replace a module (or click here for a direct link to the video on Youtube). Note that the video replaces the top module, rather than the bottom module, but the screws are clearly marked. If you prefer step-by-step instructions with pictures, you can find those on iFixit here.

I thought I opened a ticket, but let me try again.
Thanks!

Having a lot of problems with my fairphone 2! The microphone started crackling about 3months or so ago and has since stopped working entirely also the phone randomly restarts, the screen regularly goes blank, it isn’t charging reliably atm (I have tried multiple chargers), the back cover completely disintegrated, I’m on my second cover but this arrived with cracks in and another has developed in the corner. Has anyone had any luck getting through to fairphone? I have filed two tickets, the most recent of which was almost 6weeks ago and I’ve heard nothing. I love what they’re trying to do here but this is driving me insane!

2 Likes