Microphone not working anymore

Update: Using the older dialer version really didn’t help at all. I’m going to order a new bottom module now as well and hope that I’ll get it refunded.

Please contact Support first and ask for a replacement. You’re doing everybody who needs help from support a favor if you don’t increase their workload by having them investigate in retrospect whether your bottom module’s replacement would have been a warranty case.

1 Like

I am sorry, I ordered it already :frowning: I didn’t know this would make things harder for support. I’ll keep it in mind if I need a replacement again, thanks for letting me know!

2 Likes

Hi just wondering if you got this issue resolved? I haven’t had my F2 phone for very long and already he microphone is not working? Can you let me know how you fixed your problem. Thank you.

Hi there,

Same problem for me for the last 2 weeks. Funny thing is I can have the mic back if I plug the USB charger and move it slightly upwards, so now I know quite for sure it’s a connection issue between the module and the motherboard.

I removed the module and it looks like the metal connector is not flat, but rather concave, as you can see on the pic enclosed.

I’m waiting for the replacement module but FP support told me they are out of stock and they don’t know when they will get new ones…

Well… I lost SO MUCH time with this phone… Proximity sensor, BT audio, cover case, random reboots, black screens, etc… I’m really pissed off and seriously considering going “unfair” again.

Nicolas

4 Likes

I have now the same issue. First the people I was calling complained about loud noises, and today my microphone stopped working completely.
I noticed the same thing as @Nicolas_Rabaud, putting my charger in the phone and using it to press the bottom module towards the screen make the microphone work. As soon as I stop pressing the mic stops working. I tested with calls and a sound recording app.

I will contact support but I am also thinking of buying another phone as I already got my motherboard replaced after months of waiting (random reboots + many other issues), the screen now displays bright spots (Bright spot on the display) and my mic stopped. I thought I bought a fixable phone, not a phone which needed constant fixing. Also the point of fairphone, i.e. not trashing electronic is just completely lost. I didn’t have to change anything in my previous phones, and they lasted more than the official 5 years of Fairphone.

2 Likes

Bonjour Nicolas,

Je te comprends très bien, j’ai eu moi même à gérer pas mal de galères avec le FP2 et c’est un peu décourageant.
Ceci étant dit, un point positif : j’ai reçu le module de remplacement 3 jours seulement après avoir signalé le problème et la réparation a été très simple à réaliser. Maintenant tout est rentré dans l’ordre.

Bon courage.

Nicolas

same problem here. It started a couple of weeks ago. I found a way to live with the FP2 and then this came. Now I have to wait several weeks until I get a bottom module. They are not manufacturing at the moment they told me. Until then I cannot use this phone for anything except texting. Great…

same problem here. It started a couple of weeks ago. I found a way to live with the FP2 and then this came. Now I have to wait several weeks until I get a bottom module. They are not manufacturing at the moment they told me. Until then I cannot use this phone for anything except texting. Great…

that is so true. this is not subjective my friend. it’s an obvious fact. I totally lost my faith in fairphone, seriously

Just chiming in: my phone too has microphone issues. Three days ago it simply didn’t work (checkup, skype test call, actual calls), so contacted support to request a new module.
Yesterday night tool I noticed when using the checkup tool that the microphone kind of worked again… but only if my (Palm, so CE certified) USB charger isn’t plugged in. As soon as I plugged it in there was nothing but noise on the line. Could this imply there might be some interference problems in the module?

What a pity! My FP2 is charging very unreliably now and the charging status changes when I push the plugged in micro USB plug. I think the micro USB port is worn out, and I need a new bottom module, too.

Did they mention when we can expect new bottom modules in the shop?

I think I’ll rather request a bottom module at our marketplace than to wait “several weeks” until I can use my FP2 again.

Yepp, indeed a pity! Nope they didn’t say any time. Thanks for the marketplace link. Didn’t know about that :wink:

I think my mic has also stopped working. Sometimes it’s fine, other times people aren’t hear me when I make calls :frowning:

So many issues :frowning:

1 Like

My primary mic didn’t work either. I only could make calls when I put the speakers on. Called support on Tuesday, received a bottom module today for free (I live in Belgium), and installed it. All works fine now. My phone was still in guarantee as I received it in February 2016.
Support keeps a few modules for them, so that they can help people.

Must say, received great support twice already!

2 Likes

Fairphone replaced my microphone module and everything was fine after that.

3 Likes

I have the same problem everybody have with the microphone. And i also have problems with charging the phone.
I sent a email to fairphone, and they said they would replace the module. So i was pleased. But the thing never showed up, so i emailed them again. And the answer i got was that they didnt have any left and was waiting for new ones
So it is really annoying to now read on the forum that some have gotten new modules.
I talk to them in early desember.

1 Like

@Simon_Thuthu
Exactly what I have experienced as well. I had the first problems with calls in late November. Wrote them in early December. Everytime I ask how long it would take I get a reply a couple of days later that say’s something like “We are sorry but we ask for more patience” and “we will send you the bottom module as soon as we get it”. Going on for weeks now. I’m losing my faith…again…

I am waiting since October for my new module.

Hope they get some new soon.

1 Like

Hey there,
really strange that you had to wait so long - I reported my microphone module broken on 6th of December, got the reply that there currently were none available on 7th, and on 15th was notified that there were again modules available, and it got shipped and arrived a few days later!
I did file a report via https://fairphone.zendesk.com/, did you do too?

3 Likes