Menstruation Apps

I assume you are talking about Periodical? There seem to be no other FOSS menstruation apps.

Yeah, thatā€™s it. She says it isnā€™t accurate wrt predicting.

No wonder. It simply averages all period lengths recorded (it is calendar-based). Symptoms-based tracking would be more accurate.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure she actually used the symptoms feature in the previous app. I just believe the current one does not have enough training data yet (calendar should be good enough I guess), and being used to a well-trained app as reference is then regarded as a cold shower. Even though it isnā€™t as cold as it seems.

Thereā€™s one called log28 available from F-Droid, which is advertised as ā€˜a simple no frills period trackerā€™, last updated August 2018. I cannot vouch for it as I donā€™t have the necessary equipment for testing.

2 Likes

Her Periodical does not at all look like the screenshot. She isnā€™t using it correctly. Also, what does Maximum cycle length in Preferences mean? It has the strange default value of 183. Is it in hours?

She also doesnā€™t like the black interface. As she seems agitated with Periodical Iā€™ll give log28 a whirl (it is also available on Google Play Store btw). It has a white interface.

1 Like

The documentation can be found in the source (and in the help section of the app):

If you have a pause in your calendar entries you may need to adjust the maximum cycle length setting. If the number of days between two periods is longer than this value, that time period will be ignored.

Example: if you donā€™t record periods for 4 months (about 122 days) and you want to start again in the fifth month, you can set the maximum cycle length to a value of 100 or less, so the 4 months without a period will not be used for the calculation.

Version 0.6.0 (10) - Added on 2018-08-09

This version requires Android ? or newer.

You mean a phone with ā€œAndroid ? or newerā€? :joy:

3 Likes

There is a promising FOSS ā€œcycle-tracking appā€, currently in beta though:
https://bloodyhealth.gitlab.io/

3 Likes

Interesting, thanks. Justā€¦ that name though (ā€œdripā€)

PS: Iā€™ll try all 3 on my FP3 once I got it.

drip requires Android minSdk=23 though (Android 6 Marshmallow). :grimacing: Not for FP1 thenā€¦

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.