Low quality audio with bluetooth headset during phonecalls (+whatsapp calls)

Hey @anon9989719 ,

First to answer you:
The issue is only on my side, with hearing others. There is something like static, and micro cut-offs.

Then an update:
I think the last update fixed the issue. I’m not 100% sure that I believe it yet.

1 Like

Out of curiosity what network do you use with your SIM and/or did it happen if you were using wifi?

Yeah, it did not matter what network/how good a signal/if it was wifi / hotspotted /wtvr. It was always and constant.

Except on ordinary phonecalls. :wink:

1 Like

OK thanks for the update, hope it stays OK now.

All the best

Hi
i also have bad audio quality, only during phone call
the same headset with another phone brand (still android) is excellent
i also tried with other headset, same issue.

when using my FP3, the music is good quality, but as soon as i do a call, the voice is distorted, saturated, too loud
even if i put the volume at the lowest, i still hear cracks.

i tried to change settings in the developer config, it does not help.

i tried to record the problem
you can find the MP3 here: Free Transfert - Service d'envoi de fichiers

As you can hear, audio is very loud, saturated, with cracks behind.
when putting the sound at the lowest, some saturation can be avoided, but the the voice is not loud enough, and i still have cracks

all these problem are gone if i change the phone with another one from another brand (let say xiaomi for example) with the same headset.

edit: this is particulary noticeable when i do some phone call in my car…

2 Likes

I have the same problem.
I bought a jabra evolve2 bluetooth headset and the sound when calling is awful both for me and for the people I’m calling.

On my second phone samsung SM-A520F, it works perfectly.

since i see people still talking on here i think i should add some info

i tried changing which mic was used during a discord call but it didnt change it, i though maybe if the mic isnt enabled it would work but it didnt
i also tried playing csgo, the sound was working fine it didnt get muffled, but when i tried speaking in the mic it just wouldnt work, even though i changed the source to an external one

Hi and welcome to the forum, so how did you try and change which mic you were using.

Mic 1, the bottom mic is used for hand to ear calls, and Mic 2, the top mic is used when hands free and video calls. Mic 2 is much quieter.

To test dial *#*'66#*#* Service tests > Test Single > Microphone test