Looking to buy Fairphone 1

Dear Fairphoners,

Ten months ago Fabio and Hugo kindly assembled and sold me a FP1 for my husband. It is still working well, but the usb port is starting to show signs of wear and we have to be very precise about charging it.

We were wondering if anyone would like to sell us another FP1 that has the usb port still in good working order? Cracked screens and the like don’t matter because we can use the screen from the one he already has. I’m still using my FP1 after nearly 7 years, so I may well need a spare part sooner or later and it would also be useful for that purpose. FP2 and 3 are too large for our needs as we mostly use them as a phone, never online.

We live in France.

Many thanks in advance

Sarah

NB: If you are interested and want to send a direct message, you will have to be a basic user on the forum. Reference about how to become one and other trust levels can be found here
Be aware, that shipping batteries cross-border is virtually impossible for individuals.

2 Likes

I have a never-used FP1. I’m looking to sell.

Hi
Check out a magnetic usb cable so as not to wear out the port.

Hello Suzanna,

That’s great, we’d be very interested in buying it. How much were you thinking of selling it for?

All the best

Sarah

Hello Amoun,

Thank you for this tip; will look into it.

Best wishes

Sarah

1 Like

Hello Suzanna,

Forgot to add my email if you wish to contact me directly to sort out details: [moderator edit: removed email address, see post#7]

The usb port is not working at all now and so I had to charge his battery on my phone, so your phone would be very welcome.

Best wishes

Sarah

For security reasons, please use the direct message feature of the forum, available when being a basic user by clicking on the avatar of a user.

It is also not a very good idea to let your email address on a public forum, it could be caught by a crawler and you would probably receive lots of spam.
Therefore I removed it from your post :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Many thanks, Alex, and for showing me how to use the forum more safely.

Best wishes

Sarah

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.