Localisation problem in Osmand (blue marker jumps around) (Kitkat Alpha)

I try also to use KitKat on FP1 but there is a problem with the localisation in Osmand. The lacalisation arrow (blue arrow) have clitches (short interruption) which causes together with the net work location service a jumping localisation. I did not have that in android 4.2. Do you have the same problem?

By the way why do you use KitKat 4.4.2 and not KitKat 4.4.4 (Hoffmann’s ROM)? I assume that KitKat 4.4.4 is more saver because it have more security patches.

I don’t have a problem with Osmand (apart from that it is very slow -> luckily you can turn off animations in the settings).

Do you have problems in other map apps too? SatStat has an inbuilt map with location markers. Can you try that one? This will help us find out, whether this is a software or hardware issue.

1 Like

Some backends can cause this misbehavior because of bad cell tower or Wi-Fi station data. I once had location telling me I was 500 km away because of a restaurant Wi-Fi hotspot brought from another city branch of the restaurant chain, the database evidently hadn’t been updated. This is why I now use Wi-Fi for location only when I personally collect the data using the Local WiFi Backend.

In the SatSat app GPS circle is stable but network circle have clitches, however I’ am sure it has nothing to do with unifiedNLP or the his backends, because the clitches also occur in a untouched KitKat with merely installed OsmAnd.

Forget to mention that location in the case that I mentioned can jump hundreds of kilometers in a second because of the way location algorithms weigh incorrect data.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.