I am Franz-Xaver Geiger and I’m a developer at Fairphone. My main project is getting Android 4.4 to the Fairphone 1.
Thursday 13 october you can Ask Me Anything
Here is a little background about me in order to get us started:
Longevity is at the core of Fairphone’s mission and I hope my work on Fairphone 1 will help increasing lifetime and value of the phone.
Fairphone’s idea and mission has intrigued me since the day I first heard of it some time when the organisation was still in its infancy. Working towards a fairer world is deeply ingrained in this company and I am delighted to get the opportunity to contribute.
My background is in Computer Science and Political Science which lets me appreciate both the societal and ethical aspects of Fairphone’s goal, as well as the technical side of the operation.
I will answer any questions you have to the best of my possibilities and with the help from @Douwe who will be helping me to keep the discussion organized.
Some basic guidelines to manage expectations:
- This is live, so it might take some time for us to read your question and come back.
- Discourse auto-refreshes the screen, so no need for reloading yourself.
- Allow room for others and only ask a second question if you feel others have had their turn as well.
- If you see someone else asked the same question: upvote it by clicking on the little heart!
- The stuff I know most about is about the Fairphone 1 and how to port Android 4.4 to it.
- But you can also ask about my personal life, sports and how I like my sushi.
Looking forward to do the second Fairphone AMA!
This topic is now open to receive your questions.