LineageOS 14.1 with OTA updates for FP2

but would life make life a bit more convenient as the modem file is not the only thing you have to look after when hunting bugs and trying optimize battery life, usage etc. that means I have to make sure to run on the newest app of this and that etc.
I’m just a big of keeping things as simple as possible, the entry barrier as low as possible respectively. It has already been right a challenge to understand doing logcats at least at basic level (coming from 0%) although not all question are answered yet

That’s exactly what the current setup does.

Big deal. Out of the files on the server, the modem file version is the only one not easily visible on the phone once installed (LineageOS build date is in Settings - About phone - LineageOS version, TWRP version number is visible in TWRP).

Workaround: Take notes when installing. Or if in doubt, just install the latest modem version anyway, until now I found no harm in doing that :wink: .

I could be wrong, but I think you are looking for this:

Settings - About phone - Baseband version

1 Like

That’s right, of course, but you have to know which baseband version corresponds to which modem file version, so it isn’t very easily visible. Or am I missing something obvious perhaps?

At least you’re not alone. I am fully updated (Modem and OTA) and I also am unable to change the volume during a call.

Soon (when I have time) I will try a full reinstall to see whether that was needed for the fix to really apply.

Edit:
OTA 4th of October
Modem: 4437.1-FP2-0-07

2 Likes

yaaay, I am not alone!!!

1 Like

I’m trying to install LineageOS. But I did not understand your manual… :confused:

I’m coming from FP OS, I installed the TWRP-App, started it, gave root acces, made a backup - and now? I downloaded the img file for fairphone 2. How can I “boot into twrp”? And how can I do the factory reset? How I can queue a lineage build? I don’t understand nothing…

Perhaps there’s somebody out there who can explain it in german?

Thanks,
Micha

I guess everyone wants to upgrade ASAP due to recently found flaw in WPA2.

I’ve done some tests with two different phones and it seems LineageOS is friendly on the battery. How would you describe the battery holds out compared to the official firmware?

1 Like

Hi all,

I’m fed up with all the sponteneous restarts and thinking about giving Lineage OS a try. How does it work for you guys? Is it more stable?

Those are probably due to your battery not sitting firm. Check the forums around for a solution on it. I seen a post where someone used a piece of paper/cardboard to get it fixed.

Ok, you installed the App? Did you follow the instructions from the Website?

Install the app and open it. Agree to the Terms. Select TWRP Flash. Select your device from the device list (fp2) and choose a version. The file will download to your Downloads folder. Browse to and select the file. Tap on Flash to Recovery.

Than switch off your device. Switch it on again by holding the power button + volume up buttom at the same time. You should boot now into TWRP.

Than follow these two guides:

2 Likes

I don’t know. I know over 6 people with a FP2 and the all have the same problem. I think there are memory issues. Device starts to slow down. Random apps crash ("{app name} stopped working") and finally the phone restarts.

But I’ll take a look.

I found the downloaded file (not in download but one folder above). When I tap it, I can’t tap “Flash”. I have to choose between “open with”, “open as”, “link on the desktop” or “edit file”.

What can I do now?

Micha

EDIT: Sorry, I think, I got it now…

1 Like

I got it! I flashed LineageOS and GApps. Then I rebooted the phone. I logged in the WIFI and now it’s seaching for updates… How long will this search be? I’m waiting for >15min now!

After all the system started…

But there’s no root access?! How I can get it?

Thanks for all,
Micha

Settings - About phone - tap on Build number several times in short succession until a popup says that you are developer now.
Then go back to the Settings menu - Developer options - Root access - choose Apps, ADB or Apps and ADB.

Many thanks! Now I’m happy again!

Thanks to all and sorry for my many postings and for my bad english!

Micha

I think the image of the TWRP is incorrect (on your fileserver). It is only 7kb. It should be around 10MB. Can you upload the correct one?

Thanks, indeed it was a wrong download. I’ve removed the twrp files from the buildserver as the instructions and downloads are also hosted on the TWRP official pages.

2 Likes

Can you test the latest testbuild.zip? It should contain the fixes for WPA2. You can flash it through OTA.

What I need tested is:

• Update goes flawlessly
  • SIM functionality works (calls/data)
  • Updater works
  • WPA2 is fixed (is there a app to test if it’s still vulnerable?)
  • Root is available
  • Device info should 16-10 build date

I am on holiday, so I can’t test it all right now. But if 2 poeple say these tests are okay, I’ll push this testbuild OTA.

8 Likes