Lineage OS 16.x?

It might play a role here that the next version seems to be 16.0, not 16.1 :wink: .

2 Likes

OK well l’ll just wait :relaxed:

“Bump” :wink:

Any news? Would be willing to test…

I think you’ll have to ask @chrmhoffmann, the porter of LOS on FP2 :slight_smile:
Half a year ago he released this “trailer picture” on his twitter account:

8 Likes

Yes, please! I’d be up for testing as well (and throwing some cash if that helps ^___^)

Whilst things may have changed (and I would totally understand that), the last time cash was mentioned:

3 Likes

The first devices get LineageOS 16.0. But Fairphone is not on the list .

4 Likes

Would also be interested in learning when we can expect 16.0 for Fairphone!

Don’t expect! Hope for it and ask the developer how you can support him! :beer::doughnut::coffee::pie:

I guess at the moment we can all be quite lucky that someone was willing to make a port of Lineage to the Fairphone.

8 Likes

That’s a screenshot from the build I made yesterday based on @chrmhoffmann s initial changes. Everything seems to work fine and I’m running it on my normal phone now and will see if anything breaks.
For it to become an official build, selinux would have to be fixed and enabled again.

21 Likes

@z3ntu Is there a Github repo where we can look at your progress :)? Also is https://gist.github.com/justfortherec/7eae2341f5f46f93f1cabb91d96b525e included so that the nasty shutdown bug with new cam module can be fixed in LoS (15.1 would also be very nice).

??? Why did you withdraw this… happened while I was answering.

1 Like

I guess https://review.lineageos.org/q/project:LineageOS/android_device_fairphone_FP2+branch:lineage-16.0 is mostly interesting, and yes I’ve also pushed to changes to some branch on my github profile (android_device_fairphone_FP2 and android_kernel_fairphone_msm8974 repos)

No, I was only made aware of that patch a few hours ago and I’m guessing Chris will push that change to Gerrit soon - or it’ll be merged whenever Fairphone is so nice and releases the kernel sources for the new releases.

Posted it in the wrong topic first and moved it here when I realized.

5 Likes

Dear Fairphone, please listen to that community whish, it would be awesome to help out :)!

Singu

3 Likes

Yep, got it on my other devices, a Galaxy Tab S2, and a S5, which uses also the Snapdragon 601 SOC and it works very smooth.

It will be released when it’s ready. No ETA is the motto of lineage.

Chris

19 Likes

We look forward to that day…

2 Likes

I saw you recently pushed out quite a large amount of kernel patches for the FP2, can you give some technical insight into what you are working on or where you got the fixes from :)?

2 Likes

The authors of the patches are mentioned in their release notes. Mostly they are from Fairphone developers, from what I recall. I just hope these patches went to Code Aurora, too.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Phone won’t stay off

They are from the 18.10.0-sibon-280f64b0 tag in the kernel repo. A github mirror is available here.

The 3.4 kernel is dead. And most of these patches are just backports of upstream commits / Fairphone specific patches that will live and die in this 3.4 kernel tree. :wink:

2 Likes