Lineage 18.1 - finally official

Aha! The firmware is up to date but switching from WPA2/WPA3 mixed mode to WPA2 lets me connect to the WiFi :partying_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for your great work to bring Android 11 to FP2!

We encountered three issues after upgrading:

• The WIFI to a Fritz!Box 7582 using FRITZ!OS 07.15 is unstable, as long as both bands are active (2,4 GHz and 5 GHz). Workaround: Only using 2,4 GHz band leads to a stable connection, but slows down the speed for all devices in the WIFI network.
  • Netflix app can be installed, but claims to be not campitable on starting the app.
  • Seed vault got unusable on one device - in the backup area of the settings only google is available as option. Seed vault was availble first, but from one moment on the option is missing. Even a reboot of the phone did not help.

Hi,

I think I found the WPA2/WPA3 problem [1]. Maybe this fixes also the 2.4/5ghz coexistance.
Netflix: Seems more like an app version problem. Have you tried older netflix versions?
Seed vault: cannot reproduce for now.

Chris

[1] https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_fairphone_FP2/+/314308

4 Likes

I will try if the WIFI change fixes the issues with the new build as soon as it is out. If there are still troubles I will write a new reply here.

Yes, we tried also the build which Netflix recommends when having troubles. It did also not work. The Netflix support claimed that the vendor of the mobile OS has to pay some fees to make Netflix work. It seems a bit strange, because on LineageOS 17.1 Netflix did work without issues.
While the Netflix app fails on startup (the error message points to this article: Netflix says 'This app is not compatible with your device.'), on Disney+ you get an error message when trying to start watching a video.
Are there some general issues with DRM on Lineage 18.1?

I just deleted the seed vault settings (Settings > Apps & notifications > 3-dots > Show System > Seedvault > Storage and Cache > Clear Storage). After that is the seedvault option is visible again in the backup settings.

Hello, do I have to flash via adb or can I install the recovery via TWRP and then flash in recovery directly?

I found some changes that enable the netflix app to start [1]. Will it work? I dont have netflix login, so let’s see.

Chris
[1] https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_fairphone_FP2/+/314421/2

2 Likes

Hi Friek, please refer to the intial post for instructions, TWRP is not yet supported and LOS Recovery should be used.

Edit: in case I misread: recovery to be flashed using fastboot, I did not try via TWRp as I had no SD inserted, but understood from others that it worked Once LOS recovery is installed you can install from SD using LOS recovery

3 Likes

1 minor observation: LED does not work when I charge the turned off FP.

To get root, i tried flashing Magisk… but got an error. Is there a new version here as well?

Latest Version here, as I do not know what Version you tried, I don’t know of there is a new version

I didn’t experience any problems flashing with TWRP…

2 Likes

when your comment is not referring to flashing LOS recovery but referring to flashing LOS using TWRP.

3 Likes

well, I didn’t recommend anything, just mentioned it :wink:

2 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: What options are available to have a google-free LOS 18.1 with unifiedNLP?

Netflix and Disney+ are working now. :cinema:

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for testing. What about WPA2/3 mode?

Chris

1 Like

You are welcome.

I had issues with the 2.4/5ghz coexistance, since the update (~3 hours ago) I reenabled both bands again on the router and the issues did not occur anymore. The issues seem to be gone.

Thank you for your huge effort!

I also tried Magisk v23.0 flashed with lineage recovery - and it seems to work. I was able to obtain root.

Chris

2 Likes

Suggesting to move e and microg stuff into another thread and magisk, too :slight_smile:

Chris

5 Likes

Done.

2 Likes