Lineage 18.1 - finally official

To get root, i tried flashing Magisk… but got an error. Is there a new version here as well?

Latest Version here, as I do not know what Version you tried, I don’t know of there is a new version

I didn’t experience any problems flashing with TWRP…

2 Likes

when your comment is not referring to flashing LOS recovery but referring to flashing LOS using TWRP.

3 Likes

well, I didn’t recommend anything, just mentioned it :wink:

2 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: What options are available to have a google-free LOS 18.1 with unifiedNLP?

Netflix and Disney+ are working now. :cinema:

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for testing. What about WPA2/3 mode?

Chris

1 Like

You are welcome.

I had issues with the 2.4/5ghz coexistance, since the update (~3 hours ago) I reenabled both bands again on the router and the issues did not occur anymore. The issues seem to be gone.

Thank you for your huge effort!

I also tried Magisk v23.0 flashed with lineage recovery - and it seems to work. I was able to obtain root.

Chris

2 Likes

Suggesting to move e and microg stuff into another thread and magisk, too :slight_smile:

Chris

5 Likes

Done.

2 Likes

Hi there, thanks for the work on LineageOS 18.1!

I upgraded from 17.1 following the instructions. First thing I noticed was that battery life seems to be shorter than it used to be. The phone works okay but later on I noticed that auto-screenrotation is not functioning. The Fairphone Proximity Sensor Tool hangs when I try to calibrate the phone. The app ‘CPU info’ gives no information about any sensors, so the problem seems to be that the OS does not connect to the sensors. Any ideas how I can fix this?

Nun habe ich seit 10 Tagen LOS 18 Apps funktionieren alle wie gewohnt. Was mich etwas nervt, ist der ständige Ausfall des mobilen Datennetzes. Damit es wieder geht, muss ich einen Neustart machen. Allerdings fällt es nach kurzer Zeit wieder aus. Wenn ich also nicht im W-lan bin, muss ich das FP2 neu starten um zu sehen ob was Neues gekommen ist. Ich kann nur hoffen dass sich das mit weiteren Updates wieder gibt. Dieses Problem hatte ich bisher mit keinem vorangegangenen Betriebssystem.

Upgrading went like a breeze and LOS18.1 runs quite nicely so far. Great thanks to @chrmhoffmann and everyone else involved into this. You are awsome!

Only thing not working is the filtering mode in Netguard. If it’s enabled, all traffic is blocked. Can anyone confirm that?

Netguard was fixed recently. Hmmmmm… I can see if we miss something in 18.1 kernel that was added in 17.1

Chris

Netguard actually works fine here on fp2.

Have you:
Installed with lineage recovery?
Wiped data during upgrade?

Chris

I use CPUZ and I can see the sensors.

Have you:

• installed with lineage recovery
  • wiped?

Chris

Hello Chris,

I installed CPUZ, but then also no sensor values. And yes, I installed through Lineage recovery with data wiped.
Satstat also shows no sensor values. GPS is working though and much faster than it has ever been on my Fairphone.

Yes and yes.

Blocking or allowing internet access via Netguard works fine for me. Only when I start filtering the traffic for using the adblock function problems occur. Then no traffic comes through at all.
Have you set any special options like VPN-DNS which I might be missing?