Lineage 17.1 - FP2

Hi @Allan1. I am having the same problem with mobile data not reconnecting after turning it off and on again. It only works again after rebooting. I’m on giffgaff in the UK and I checked the APN settings. The default settings included are not the same as the settings on giffgaff’s website, so I changed them, but no improvement. Anyone else having the same issue?

EDIT: Updated to 08/04/2020 build and mobile data seems to be working again…

+1. I’m having exactly the same issue with the same languages.

Yes, the extension worked for me too on LOS 16.
Thats what mentioned above and i think i will try it.

1 Like

The Magisk module is working fine for me :).

1 Like

does the alarm clock work properly for you? With the defined sounds and increasing volume? Otherwise I have to build a bug report, because some more does not work for me than under Android 9. :slight_smile:

how can change battery charge sound?

hey @gapintheclouds. cool, that the update fixed the issue on your phone. Sadly it didn’t work with my one. I guess I will try a few more nightly updates and if that doesn’t work wipe my phone completely and install lineageos 17.1 from the scratch. I just don’t have any better idea :smiley:

settings, sounds, extended, down there in the list

1 Like

same here, but not with all modules

Where is the sound selection for the charging tone? :thinking:

This is what I tried during daylight today:

• I set location to “Device only”
  • Then used SatStat to verify that the location is available (it took several minutes to get the location).
  • Immediately afterwards I enabled Dark theme in Settings > Display, then tapped Dark theme and set Schedule to none, then back to “Turns on from sunset to sunrise”
  • After a few seconds Dark theme was automatically turned off which was the expected result during daylight.
  • I waited then until sunset: Dark theme was turned on automatically.

So it works for me even with “Device only”. But it is easier to get a location in battery saving or high accuracy mode.

2 Likes

Absolute painless updated to 17.1.
TWRP 3.2.3-0
lineage-16.0-20200325-nightly → lineage-17.1-20200408-nightly

Many thanks to @chrmhoffmann and all testes!!

Since the instructions in https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/FP2/upgrade
proved in my case a bit incomplete I’ll post my whole procedure, in case someone might find it useful.

A) Preparation: switch on debugging
https://wiki.lineageos.org/adb_fastboot_guide.html#setting-up-adb

1. Open Settings, and select “About”.
  2. Tap on “Build number” seven times.
  3. Go back, and select “Developer options”.
  4. check the “Android debugging” or “USB debugging” entry under “Debugging”
    otherwise: ‘error: no devices/emulators found’ with following adb sequence

B) Upgrade
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/FP2/upgrade
Linux Terminal, without sudo

1. adb root – otherwise error: ‘adb root’ is required for ‘adb reboot sideload’
  2. adb reboot sideload
  3. adb sideload /path-to/lineage-17.1-20200408-nightly-FP2-signed.zip
  4. Reboot

Remarks
.) removed Yalp for good; Aurora works nicely
.) at least in my case no reboot possible as long as device is connected via USB to PC.
Neither buttons, nor e.g. ‘sudo fastboot devices’ – hangs with ‘Fairphone’ splash screen.
No problem tough rebooting when disconnected.

5 Likes

sorry, only on or of. have no more info.

1 Like

I’ve just applied the upgrade to 17.1. It went like a breeze. Thanks a lot! (As always… :wink:)

Is the upgrade working with the Google aps ? (to be updated too).
Thanks.

Hi Peter,

when you upgrade from LOS 16 to 17 you’ll have to upgrade gapps 9 to 10 as well.
The procedure is described here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/FP2/upgrade

The text says that google apps are optional. That is in the sense that if you haven’t used gapps previously you’re still not forced to use them.
But if you had gapps on the old version, you must also update them in the same step. The instructions could be a little more clear on that.

2 Likes

Is there also a replacement for GravityBox? I’m still missing some functionality:
– “close all apps” in the App overview
– Editing the no. of functions in the status bar. Before I had 7, now only 6…

“close all apps” is still there in the app overview. You have to scroll to the very left. Which makes the function somewhat tedious to use when there are a lot of open apps.

1 Like

Thanks… found it… but … totally sinnlos.

Yes man!
It took more than 5 minutes until the GPS signal appeared. But i was at the balcony.