Lineage 17.1 - FP2

I installed lineage OS 17.1 with its own recovery and root it via magisk since the previous method is not available any more. I cannot update the modem file to the latest version neither via adb sideload nor via recovery. I get the following error:
E3004: This package is for device FP2; this device is .

yes.

regards

ā€¦and for christā€™s sake hereā€™s another 20 chars for the darn forum limit.

1 Like

Thank you for that.

However, let me rephrase: Has anyone been able to install without rooting their phone?

1 Like

Are the F-Droid Privileged Extension still needed? IIRC one functionality was to allow F-Droid to install apps while ā€œallow untrusted sourcesā€ was false (the default).
But at some point Android introduced that setting per App.

So I have allowed F-Droid to install apps once directly after installing F-Droid itself. And Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m missing something compared to the Privileged Extensions.

Or am I overlooking something?

Once again great thanks to everyone who made Lineageos 17.1 possible on the FP2! Awesome job!!

I just installed the latest built on my phone, rooted it with Magisk and it worked perfectly. The only problem I have is mobile data. I can connect to the internet via mobile data but once I switch them off and then on again, the phone will not reconnect. I checked the APN settings and they should be fine. Any ideas what I could do?

1 Like

Lineage 17 running perfectly.
Many Thanks (chrmhoffmann) for grandiose work!

Steven

2 Likes

Eeeeewā€¦ weā€™ll need to check that. Which recovery are you using, latest TWRP? Could you open a terminal, then type getprop ro.product.device and press Enter? Send me the result via PM to avoid noise in this thread (or open an issue upstream if you have a GitHub account).

Auto-updates.

1 Like

Ah, right, auto-updates. Totally forgot about them.
I mainly use apps from the play store and the 3 or so from fdroid rarely get updates (some casual games mostly), so I didnā€™t notice about the missing automatic updates.

1 Like

I was able to install the latest modem.zip via official TWRP 3.3.1 just fine. Did that after flashing LOS 17.1 as far as I remember.

3 Likes

Obviously not.
Or in a way, that i dont understand.
Osmand and LiveDisplay are working with time depending switch and Osmand shows me the sunset and sunrise time.
Is there a way to controll if the System UI got a location?

@Ingo

Can you explain where the mentioned setting is?
Does that mean, that F-Droid can install updates by its own without confirmation of the user for every app?

Eeeeewā€¦ weā€™ll need to check that. Which recovery are you using, latest TWRP? Could you open a terminal, then type getprop ro.product.device and press Enter? Send me the result via PM to avoid noise in this thread (or open an issue upstream if you have a GitHub account).

Iā€™m using the official recovery of lineage OS. Does TWRP support android 10? Iā€™m going to install it.
I sent you a PM.

If you install f-droid and then use f-droid to install an app the system will take you to the setting automatically. Otherwise I guess one can simply use a web search for ā€œinstall permission per appā€ or something.

The second part I canā€™t really say. If I remember correctly you need to tap ā€œinstallā€ per app. But I only have few apps from f-droid and so far there mostly was only one app to update at a time.

1 Like

That could explain the error. Thanks for the PM and these details, Iā€™ll check it up.

You can find the answer in that blog post: it does, as far as your device didnā€™t ship originally with Android 10.

3 Likes

Same here. Seems to be the easiest way :+1:t2:

Yes, this worked for me with the privileged extension. Now on 17.1 it does not work anymore. I think this is not FP2-specific though.

Thank you so much to all you Alpha testers here. :wink: And thanks to @chrmhoffmann and the others involved.

Just updated and went smooth so far. Thanks a lot!

Anyone has any experience with encryption jet?

One thing I noticed, the clock widget doesnā€™t have the calendar and weather anymore or am I just blind? For the weather part on the lineageos download site there was also a zip for openweathermap which I tried, canā€™t find this anymore for 17.1. Any recommendations?

For the future I would suggest to make a wiki out of this, I think it would make it a lot all easier to have an overview of all the little problems and changes people had and the solution provided. Searching the thread (with lazy load) is sometimes a little of a pain.**

Btw. even though it is still on the website, I made a backup the latest 16.0 download. If anyone is ever in need once they disappear from the LineageOS website send me a message.

• e.g. that there is no su anymore and one has to go for magisk
  • the confusion with the failed builds
  • ā€¦
1 Like

Your local weather from F-Droid.
Works especially well if you have your own OpenWeatherMap API key.

2 Likes

I tried it and it seems to work.

Chris

I didnā€™t try upgrading from 16.0 ā†’ 17.1 with an encrypted phone, but I wiped the phone (for that nice minty fresh feeling) and installed 17.1 then encrypted and it is working very well :slight_smile:.

1 Like

I realized another issue. I have two keyboard layouts installed (German and English AOSP). Now the German spellchecking is not working anymore

• Keyboard switched to German
  • Typing in German (and getting German word suggestions) but the words are underlined with red indicating they are wrong and only english suggestions as correction are showing up. Sometimes the auto correction even puts in english words.
  • Switching to English and typing in English is working as expected.
  • Tried in different apps
  • In the language settings also both are present. Spell checked is set to system language (as before)

Anyone noticed the same?

Thanks for the feedback so far. TWRP is also working with the encrypted phone? The issue with 16 and TWRP was only for this version?