Lineage 17.1 - FP2

I have a similar issue sometimes when I drive my car into the garage (where I lose my mobile carrier), and go upstairs into my flat afterwards (with WLAN Internet): The FP2 connects to WLAN, but I cannot access the Internet anymore unless I reboot the phone.

Would that fix help in this scenario, too? If yes, I would gladly test the fix. Thanks in advance.

After some days testing I can confirm, switching to mobile data and turning it off and on (or using the flight mode) does not have any influence anymore. I would say the fix works.

As posted here, my setup is very simple.

@DeepSea your issue sounds a bit different. If I get it right, you are not able to access the Internet, after you connect to your home WLAN?

3 Likes

Please try it! Netmgrd crashes so it could also be the case here.

2 Likes

Up and running, thanks, mate! Will keep you posted…

I’m getting super excited to feel I will be able reinstall 17 on my phone! :star_struck:
Thanks!

In curious too: I thought /vendor was for the binary blobs so you couldn’t recompile anything without sources…

Thanks! Also installed netmgrd patch. Will experiment and report back.

I did the test: I drove my car into the garage, then I went into my flat where the phone connected to WLAN, and … Internet still works! Will do the same again tomorrow…

Is it safe to apply OTA updates as long as the fix is not rolled out, yet, or would they overwrite the patch which I manually flashed before?

You’ll have to redo it if you flash an update before it’s officially rolled out.

3 Likes

This is a binary blob from a different device. Not compiled from source. For unknown reason it works better. Not great solution but better than the issue.

5 Likes

I tried to do so but could not get the adb root done. I use magisk which seems to cause this problem. Is there a way to do this using adb shell? In here I could get the superuser rights but didn’t know the necessary commands.

I thought so. Guess I live with my patched system for a while and wait until you implement the patch. Again, many thanks!

FYI: Second try (garage -> flat) today has been fine, too.

5 Likes

@Allan1
“Rooted debugging” (-> root over adb) is activated in “Developer options” (Settings -> System -> Advanced)?

(how to active the dev options should be clear -> hit 5 times the build number in “About phone”)

2 Likes

No debugging activated.

@DeepSea - I just answered to @Allan1 's question as no one replied yet. Though it could be a problem while applying the fix via adb.

Yep, developer options are activated. But I can’t find an option to activate root debugging which I think comes from Magisk. There I actually gave superuser rights to ADB and Apps but still adb root does not work.
Hints are welcome

@Allan1
Directly below the switch to activate ADB itself …

Thanks for the reply but it seems that in my case this option is not there…

Applied your patch on Tuesday. Since then I haven’t encountered any issues! It seems to work flawlessly!
(Before, my phone wouldn’t connect to the internet after either losing my mobile carrier, deactivating flight mode or switching between WiFi and mobile data.)
Huge THANKS! :upside_down_face:

5 Likes