English

Lineage-16.0 (Android Pie) Nightly

lineageos
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fefbdb65be8>

Wow, that was easy ;). So the new camera HAL is working like a charm here.

I noticed something funny :smiley:

Sometimes the quick settings icon to enable/disable wifi shows the torch symbol instead of the wifi symbol.
So far my best guess at when this happens: wifi is enabled but hasn’t connected to any network yet.

By now I’m pretty sure the icon for “wifi on, unconnected” is wrong (torch symbol). Those for “wifi on, connected” and “wifi on, connected but no internet” are ok.

Is there any reason why this topic is in the #participate:dev category? Isn’t Lineage OS 16 official yet?

Perhaps because it’s in active development (nightly) and because I don’t find the new forum categories very intuitive :-D.

Active development just means it isn’t outdated and nightly are LOS stable releases.

Is it possible to switch the mobile network manually?
If I try to switch off automatic selection, there is an error, that no other network was found and it’s swichted back on.
Does anyone knows a workaround?

Cheers

Does anybody know if it is possible not to force the home screen icons into shapes? On LOS 15 that was possible in the home screen settings, but I can’t find that option anymore.

Scheint mit Trebuchet nicht zu funktionieren. Unter
Einstellungen für den Startbildschirm -> Form des Symbols ändern
hat man nur Kreis, Quadrat, Squirkel und Tropfen zur Auswahl.
Ich nutze Lawnchair. Da kann man unter
Einstellungen -> Design -> Icon-Form
auch “nicht ändern” oder “keine”
einstellen.

Many thanks to @chrmhoffmann for his work. I used Lineage 14 and 15 without problems and like it.
Now I installed Lineage and GApps_full manually from the SD-Card, out of TWRP3.3.0.0.

No Installation Problems so far, and the Updater works for the Nightlys, when I Press Vol. up and the Power on while the Phone is rebooting.

I have an issue with the battery indicator, which doesn’t indicate more than 50%. battery works quite normal, but does not show me real values.
I don’t know if this issue existed from the first install, I noticed it yesterday while I changed the battery. I have a second battery which I charge outside of the device with an extra charger. If my battery does not last the whole day, I change it. If I put the freshly charged battery into the phone, it shows me exactly 50 % for hours.

At the moment I think the battery consumption is higher than with Lineage 15, so what is Your experience?

The second issue is that I don’t get information about the battery in “settings”, the section “Akku” (battery) has vanished.

Third issue: torch doesn’t work, flash in the camera app doesn’t work, too.

I use the last nightly from may 23.

Torch works for me.
My experience with the battery drain is different. On 15.1 the phone did not last a day. With 16 it gets through the day. Yesterday evening it was ~10% when I pluged it in. I use the newer battery version with the “change is in your hands” labelling.

I had a bootloop this afternoon, which heated the phone and drained my battery.

I did another Installation from SD Card this night with the zip-File from the 23th, cleared the Dalvik Cache before. Everything works properly until now.
All my issues from yesterday have vanished, I get the torch, the flash, I also had the 100% on the battery indicator and I got the section Akku in my settings.
I don’t know what happened before, my problems began after updating via updater app.

@chrmhoffmann the Red Cross thanks you!

Now … I have two problems:

1. My battery used to last 2-3 days, now it’s drained after less than a day. It looks like the WiFi stays on, even though I disabled the “advanced” location settings everywhere. It looks like the screen is a lot brighter too, despite the cursor being at the minimum.

2. The most critical for me is that I often (but not always) receive SMS notifications only when I switch on the screen. That is critical because I wait for an SMS from my wife to pick her up at the train station when she finishes work by 1am, and it already happened that she had to wait ~30 min in the cold night in a not-so-safe area at 1am, waiting for me to arrive. It may sound silly but that would be a reason for me to switch back to LOS 15 for “physical security” reasons…

Other than that I’d like to disable/personalize the predefined SMS quick answers, as I already misclicked “No” to a message from my wife (now you know all about my life ;))

Depite those problems I’m still amazed by your work and the time you’re giving to this project, so thank you!

To turn the Wifi off when the phone is in sleepmode try this app: https://f-droid.org/de/packages/nl.devluuk.sleepywifi/

When you want to force your phone in the doze mode try this app: https://f-droid.org/de/packages/com.suyashsrijan.forcedoze/

Anyone else has problems with GAPPS on LOS 16?

When I try to use Pixel Launcher it keeps crashing. Also, Google Photos seems to have the same problem.

Are you using the latest version of gapps for android 9 rather than 8? Not sure how much of a difference it actually makes, but I flashed the latest version when I upgraded and I’ve not had any problems.

Perhaps reflash them and see.

Yeah, I used OpenGAPPS, 9.0, ARM, Stock, from 20190525.

Looks like this problem seems to be LOS related, see https://github.com/opengapps/opengapps/issues/727

But it’s interesting that you don’t experience any errors with the launcher. If there is a permissions error, as the issue suggests, no one should be able to use it :thinking: Which GAPPS did you install?

Does someone know why the last nightly update was at the 23rd?

Builds are failing (for many devices), see https://builds.lineageos.org
Error seems to be with the repo, if i understand the error message correctly