Lineage-16.0 (Android Pie) Nightly

I did update my modem file a few months ago, but nevertheless problems with 5Ghz. I haven’t checked if there is a new version available.

No, there isn’t.
I’m just wondering why I don’t have problems with 5 GHz WiFi. Where’s the difference?
I’ll admit there are not too many WiFi networks I use at all, so my sample size is very small, but at least the 5 GHz WiFi at home and at work cause no trouble for me.

Yes, this is possible, though I forgot how (really useful, I know…)

in Settings → System → Developer options you can enable “Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging” to debug what is going on. Without logs, who knows what is happening. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Alright, will do that :slight_smile:
By the way - GPS seems to be fine again now, is it the same for you people out there?

2 Likes

same for me but I havn’t done any tracking yet only navigation and location findining

I have noticed that it works now(today, lunch-run), however I have not updated since Sep. 16. I’m thinking if this could have been related to an issue to download A-GPS data? Not so savvy in this field, but if we do not have any accurate data from satellite-positions(wiped due to sw-update) and then get issues to download the information later on, could that cause this issue with slow time to fixed position?

@chrmhoffmann
what do you think, is it a good idea to cherrypick this commit with regards to 5ghz wifi AP

https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_oneplus3/+/258974/

2 Likes

By the way, I updated to the 0924 build - and the remaining problems (mobile internet and wifi) seem less prominent now…

OpenCamera, for instance.

That app additionally drains the battery on LOS 16.0 faster than on 15.1. The battery drain is on LOS 16.0 that quick, that recharging directly from a USB-wall-charger isn’t fast enough to stop the battery drain. I retested this with FP2 normal system, not FPOOS. not nearly the same behavior. Not to speak of the heat the FP2 emits while testing this.

1 Like

Yep … fine again here, too, and without installing a new build.

In which way? Just because it’s installed or while using and GPS is on? At least, I cannot confirm any issue here. For me OpenCamera works fine with LOS 16.0 and when not using it doesn’t drain battery at all.

1 Like

Neither. I rarely use GPS and it’s not just using battery because it’s installed. The camera is on, the phone is on stand by. It seems OpenCamera is not on stand by, then. Yesterday I changed the stand by- status of OpenCamera to “rare”. Hope that helps. I’ll come back after testing for some days.

WiFi is still problematic for me. This happened earlier today - connected on my 5Ghz network, but no internet available. Verbose logging was enabled. What info do you need for diagnostics? :slight_smile:

Confirming https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/full/FP2/20191004/lineage-16.0-20191004-nightly-FP2-signed.zip as stable. Update went smoothly.

One Question to @chrmhoffmann:
Since 16.0 the automatic display brightness starts after every switch on of display at very low level. So at bright environments I can see nothing and I am unable to type in my pin. Only after a few seconds the display brightness will rise to the correct level.
Is it possible to start the brightness of automatic display after switch on of display with the level before the phone was switched off? Or should I report this bug to another site?

Why don’t you try it and report back? This is quite easy to change.

Chris

1 Like

Hi Chris,

It‘s not as easy as it looks like. In my filesystem on the phone there is no such file.
/system/vendor/etc/wifi/WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini

At github in our source there is.

But in this source there is no such parameter.
gInitialScanNoDFSChnl=1

What we have is something like.
#If set to 0, will not scan DFS channels
gEnableDFSChnlScan=1

I thought about setting this value to 0. Not shure how to proceed and where to edit.

This line may help you:

FP2.mk copies some files from the device tree to the final destination in the system.

2 Likes

No difference on the flaky 5ghz wlan if the value is set to 0 or 1. Also removing this parameter wouldn’t change anything.
Only the first connect after reboot to 5ghz wlan is ok and stable after that first one all following connects are flaky and only by chance possible.

2 Likes

Since BVG FahrInfo and DB Navigator have been updated both apps don’t work anymore… The former makes the whole OS freeze after some seconds of use (requires a warm boot), the latter just doesn’t start up anymore.

Has anyone made similar observations on LineageOS? Is there a way to trace those app’s behaviour and send it to the respective developers?